june nineteenth: carry on

Rating: 9/10

Rating: 9/10

Type: Published book (Sequel: Wayward Son)

External Link: Buy it on Amazon

About: This book originated as a Harry and Draco fanfiction but quickly became it's own entity. It's about Simon Snow, who is the post powerful mage the magickal world has ever seen. Simon is convinced that his roommate, Baz, is an evil vampire who is plotting to kill him, when Baz actually has been in love with his rival since they were twelve. Also, they have to deal with the Insidious Humdrum—who happens to look just like Simon. And the dead spots that prevent mages from using their powers are growing. So there's that.

My thoughts: So I may or may not have originally originally not read this book because I thought it was a graphic novel. (To be fair, the cover does look like it) Anyway, this book is amazing. I love both Simon and Baz, although my favorite character by far is Penelope. And while it was originally based off of another book, it still has it's own unique plot. Although this book does connect to the author's other books, it can be read as a stand alone novel, which is how I read it. However, it is a little confusing in the beginning, which is why I gave it a 9/10. But if you are a fan of fantasy worlds and the enemies to lovers trope, you should totally check this book out.