Chapter 3: The Wedding

It was a typical, boring wedding. Well, at least for me. I didn't know anyone whom I could talk to. Distant relatives, acquaintances and all the other people in the world were there. The lot of my cousins who were supposed to come were a no show. To be put in plain words, I was miserable!

And just like the day couldn't get any worse, there was a power outage. Urgh... I knew I shouldn't have come. I could have been done with season one of Fargo by now. I wondered what would happen to that cute guy, the deaf hitman (Yeah, I'm talking about Mr. Wrench) who got shot.

But thankfully (I guess?), the gift bags we had received at the wedding had... wait for it... FANS! The ones which you fan away to convert all your energy into a gentle stream of breeze. I wasn't sure what was more annoying. The fact that I was sweating the hell off in the layers of sequined Christiana Wu dress or the fact that my arm had become so numb from all the fanning that I felt as though it was about to fall off.

Many minutes later, the power returned. As we headed for lunch, there was a familiar face. It was Mrs. Manuela Thompson. She was the wife of Mr. Patrick Thompson, one of father's good friend and colleague. What started as a small conversation went on and finally landed on my career.

"So, you have completed college, right? Any career plans?" asked Mrs. Manuela.

"Yes, I have got my master's degree. Currently I'm scouting for a job." I replied.

"Oh. Well, my company is always looking for young candidates for starters. If you are interested I can check out the options. Here's my card."

I just couldn't believe what I heard. Finally, something good for all the trouble I had gone through in the morning. But there was a catch.

"But I'm not sure if it'll be the right industry for you, given your educational background." continued Mrs. Manuela. "But if you're willing to learn the trade and are up for a challenge, give me a call."

And just like that she turned and left to continue her small talk with a bunch of other women. And I had to survive a few more hours before heading home. But this time, survival wasn't half bad.

That's the dress I pictured Angelica in :)

Cover pic: The wedding venue

_________________________________________
You're awesome! You know that, right? So share, comment and vote!

I shall try to post chapters bi-weekly. Wish you a good read. ~ GS