Chapter 12: Him - Part 1

August 8

I was quite busy that morning. I didn't notice him come and occupy the cubicle right outside my cabin.

"Hey man, what's up? What happened to you? You just left without a word. Things have gone bat-shit crazy!" I heard Nadia as she spoke to this new guy. I got up to take a peek at this fellow. I realized that it was the "alleged cabin-mate", Rafael Alejandro Ramirez.

I had inquired Nadia about this guy. He was an SDM like Betty and Vincent. He had absconded after succumbing to business pressure. But he returned to work today. Talk about timing.

He looked kinda cute and nerdy. He was dressed in a light colored shirt and wore thick framed nerdy spectacles, sported a french beard and had a muscular build. I was excited at the thought of working with that.

Rafael's classic NERD look

"But the Regional Head and the HR had convinced me to complete my 3 months  notice. If not, the company could blacklist me from getting a job in this field." he was telling us. We got talking a lot. And I did find him kinda cute. He was always ready to help me out. Whenever I had an overload, he took half of it away from my hands. And with just 2 more days left for Nadia, she was quite worried that she couldn't teach it all. But she was quite content in handing over the reins to Rafael.

We had a good 2 days. I got to learn more about everyone at my branch. Their pros, cons etc. I even learnt the names of everyone in our sales team, thanks to spending more time with Rafael. He was a natural. Everyone went to him for anything they needed. Except for Mr. Kaden Templeton and Mr. Sheldon P Morton. They were still angry with Rafael's behavior. It was pretty obvious in every morning huddle.

But for the rest of us, he was a God send. We became good friends within a week. And he was really impressed when he learnt that I had joined with Mrs. Manuela's recommendation. He practically worshipped her. In fact, everyone who came to know of this fact revealed the same. She was like this legend of sorts. I really had to live up to her name. Or die trying. That much was apparent.

August 10

It was Nadia's last day. Everything that belonged to her officially was now transferred to me. Rafael helped me set up all my accounts and my mailbox in the computer. It was quite sad to see my mentor leave. But on the bright side, I had the experienced Kaden to guide me and of course Rafael, the delightful was here. Nadia and I had a normal day. Doing the usual. She still pointed out minor errors in my work and ensured my work was flawless.

Mr. Ali also known as Bruce Lee was also leaving the company, after spending 2 years here. The previous evening the branch members had thrown him a party. I didn't attend since I usually leave a lot earlier than the others. So, we were bidding goodbye to him that morning. He had come to the office to gather his belongings and leave, so he was dressed in casuals. And let me be clear when I say this, "Damn, was he hot!".

That's how hot Ali looked

That's how hot Ali looked. Jared's hair 😍Phew! I think I'll loosen up my collar It's so hot in here...

All of us knew we were going to miss his jokes, little skits at the lunchroom and of course his so called Kung-Fu moves. Those practically end up with someone getting hurt. 99% of the time, it's Ali though. He made our dull and boring lunch time into a fun one. He gave me a good 10 minutes pep talk on how to survive in this industry. Especially, this company and this branch. We wished each other the best, as he left. And I got back to busily tapping away at the keys in my computer.

That was when I first saw him. I was quite busy tallying the company accounts then. At first I just ignored the silhouette of this figure standing on the other side of my table. But the moment I heard his voice, my vixen ears picked up this unusually powerful, deep, masculine voice. I knew I had to see to whom it belonged.
_________________________________________
So yeah, I was late in updating. Sorry to keep you guys waiting. Had a lot going on these past few days. Hopefully, I'll get back on track. And guys, do support my work by sharing, commenting and voting! It'll be a boost for me.

Have a great read! ~ GS