Chapter 10: Rudnick Boulevard

June 16

I woke up really late that day. Thanks to Gotham and it's excellent storyline. I pretty much sat up the whole night watching 5 episodes, back-to-back, of Season 3. I was already late and had to finish this season, before getting my hands on season 4. I go about my day, another regular day filled with TV shows, movies and trying my hand in the kitchen. I'm a pretty good cook. Well, at least by dog standards, not really sure about human standards. But, I am getting there. Slowly, but... surely  (I sincerely hope!)

My phone buzzed. I looked at the number and couldn't recognize it. I answered it. Five minutes later, I started gathering all my files to get ready for my second round of interview. I picked out a ivory white pencil skirt and a blazer. I wore a pretty black silk blouse. My favorite pink crystal earrings, a watch and those white shoes were readily laid out. That evening, around 4, I  left my place at Kalmia Avenue and headed out to the Rudnick Boulevard branch. It was a 25 minutes ride.

It was Mr. Dexter Richardson, the HR senior associate who informed me that there was an opening in a city branch and asked me to check it out. I got there and met Mr. Kaden Templeton. He was the Assistant Branch Operations Head. A short, stout man. He seemed pretty serious. The interview went quite well. Those extra classes really helped. It seemed that the current Finance and Performance Associate was going on her maternity leave. Probably by the end of the month it seemed.

I then went to meet the Branch Head, a gigantic man with a dominant voice, inside the glass cabin. Mr. Sheldon P. Morton, the plaque read. One of the Service Delivery Managers asked me to have a seat, as the BH was in a client meeting. It wasn't like Mrs. Manuela's branch. This was far more nicer. Dimly lit yellow lighting and excellent interiors. I peaked at the FPA's cabin. It was huge. Bigger than the BH's for sure. But no glass doors. But I could live with it.

As I waited, the FPA came down the stairs from the corner. It was a guy. I was a little late to look and missed the most. I saw his spectacles though.

"Oh, there must be two tables in the cabin. Now I know why it is bigger than the BH's cabin." I said to myself. "Damn, I missed the guy."

Later I headed into Mr.Morton's office for another round of scrutiny. Before I knew it, he said "I think it'll be a good experience for you to start your career in this area. But you still have a lot to learn. I hope to welcome you soon to my branch. Mr. Richardson will get to you with all the paperwork. Have a good day, Miss Summers." he finished.

I was super excited. I was gonna share my space with a guy. Hopefully he'll be cute. The other staffs in the office were pretty plain. Nothing interesting. Let's see how life is going to play out.

 Let's see how life is going to play out

The pretty Miss. Summers $_$
Cover pic: The cast of Gotham <3
_____________________________________________
Pour your love for my work in the form of votes, comments and do share it!

Hope you had few pleasant minutes reading my work. ~ Love GS