Chapter 9: Malibu

It was a weird building that I was currently in. Like one of those celebrity party house. When I actually came to the building, I was wondering if I had actually come to the right place. The company name was nowhere to be found. I looked all over the building for a hint. Finally, I asked the security guard whether I was at the right place. He smiled and replied yes. He then pointed to a small plaque on the wall that was practically hidden by the overgrown trees around the building. I then parked my car and headed in.

 I then parked my car and headed in

The office in Malibu.

Cover pic: The coast! 😍🏖🏝

At this branch in Malibu, I headed into the conference room where Mr. Alex Parrish the Project Head and Mr. Gerrard Samberg the Operations Head were seated. As usual they asked me a bunch of questions and I answeres them confidently. They were very much interested in my thesis. They thought it was an intriguing project to work on. I felt as though I had nailed it.

30 minutes later, the interview was over. Mr. Parrish even gave me a tour of the floor. He introduced his team and asked one of the girls to provide me with more details of how this new role of mine would work. I wouldn't say that I was impressed. But... I had expected more.

I didn't let Mr. Parrish know this. So I started inquiring about how they got few other things done over here. Subtly indicating that I was interested in that line. That's when he told me that those roles were based out on their Manhattan office. Manhattan was the company HQ. So naturally all the important roles were there. I knew it anyways. Mrs. Manuela had already mentioned it.

"So, we shall contact our HQ and get in touch within a couple weeks." said Mr. Parrish. "It was nice meeting you Miss Summers. Have a wonderful day."

I too wished Mr. Parrish a  good day.

I left the office and started home. It was already 6 and I had to drive through the highway traffic now. But it didn't bother me too much. I was in a good mood. I turned on the radio and the first song that was playing was Confident by Demi Lovato.

"I used to hold my freak back
Now I'm letting go
I make my own choice
Bitch, I run this show

.....

What's wrong with being
What's wrong with being confident?

....." I sang confidently along with Lovato.

This song though ^_^ gave us a whole new Lovato and I totally loved it

The building as I had pictured it in my head and the cover pic is the Pacific Coast! Malibu <3
_________________________________________
To my wonderful readers... please support my work by sharing, commenting and voting!

I shall try to post chapters bi-weekly. Wishing you a wonderful read. ~ GS