Chapter 4: Executive Decision

June 13

Ever since I came back from the wedding, I've be fiddling Mrs. Manuela's card. To call or not. Is this a good career option for me? Especially as my first job? What if I didn't like the job? Will I be able to change my track? Wait. Why am I even thinking this far ahead? I first need to address the important and immediate question. Will they even consider me for the position? And a million other questions were constantly flooding my thoughts.

Exactly a week ago, I powered up my PC and started drafting a mail to Mrs. Manuela Thompson, enquiring whether the job opening was still available. I had updated my resume. And attached the file to the mail. I re-read the entire mail thrice. Scouting for any errors. Finally with all the corrections done, I placed the cursor over the send button. And..... nothing. I couldn't hit send. I waited for another ten minutes before clicking the delete button.

For the next few days, I felt restless.

"Maybe I'll just wait for something to show up in my field of study. I had after all applied to quite a number of companies." I thought.

"But when will that happen. How long will I stay like this? What if it takes forever?" part of my mind countered.

"Good things take time, right? Maybe something really good is on its way. No?"

"Yeah, while you do that, you might as well wait for Elon Musk to make you the President of SpaceX or Tesla for that matter."

"Screw this! I'm being too silly. What's meant to happen will happen. Nothing to loose." I decided.

I drafted a new mail and hit send. Damn, that was easy. I went back to listening to Lana Del Rey's Young and Beautiful.

".....
The way you play for me at your show
And all the ways, I got to know
Your pretty face and electric soul
....."

Her voice was the right antidote, for whatever it was that I was feeling at the moment. It's been few years since I watched The Great Gatsby, I decided to add it to my "re-watch soon" list.

A few hours later, I received a call from Mrs. Manuela. We talked about it and decided to do it in person. So I got up and left to meet her in her office.

It was actually playing as I wrote this chapter and thought that it'd be nice to add it

It was actually playing as I wrote this chapter and thought that it'd be nice to add it. If you haven't heard this yet, do it now!

Cover pic: Angie's dilemma
__________________________________________
Hey folks, so it took some time, but here it is. Share, comment and vote!

I shall try to post chapters bi-weekly. Wish you a good read. ~ GS