Folklore

Yejin was sitting on the bed, propped up on plush blankets, braiding her long tresses into a loose basic braid ahead of bedtime.

Earlier in the bathhouse, things had definitely gotten way steamier than she had imagined they would.

Now, pondering the earlier events as she sat alone on the bed, Yejin couldn't help the furious blush that burned in her cheeks.

That was so...

She didn't really have a word for it.

After that...session, she had felt rather tipsy from both the chiju and the hot bath water, which basically cut their time in the bathhouse short.

Hyojin subsequently helped her prepare for turning in, whereas Hyun Bin had gone to the study where some military documents had been sent for his perusal.

She wondered if he was going to come into the bedroom. After all, he had not slept in this bed for the past year because of her.

This was his palace, but he had so graciously allowed her to sleep in the bedroom, on the spacious marital bed...

"Are you spacing out again?"

A hand waved up and down in front of her face. Yejin jumped slightly, releasing her hold on the ends of the braid before pressing a palm to her chest.

"Oh, you gave me a shock! Stop saying I'm spacing out, Your Royal Highness." She scowled in mock annoyance, especially upon realizing that her braid had unraveled.

Hyun Bin smiled indulgently at her, before reaching out to pick up his pillow and blanket.

Yejin's eyes widened in a mix of disbelief, indignation and disappointment as she quietly watched the Crown Prince collect his bedding.

Gathering them article by article, Hyun Bin turned to leave the bed chambers, when-

"Wait a minute..."

He paused in his steps, looking over his shoulder to regard the princess nonchalantly.

"Yes?"

"You...you're going back to the study..?"

Yejin looked so adorable in that instant; her usually smiley eyes betraying disappointment, though she valiantly put up a brave front.

A soft chuckle, before a playful grin slowly grew on Hyun Bin's face.

Throwing the bedding back down, the Crown Prince sat down on the edge of the bed, laughing.

Leaning in close to the princess, he whispered cheekily.

"I was only pulling your leg."

The nerve of him...!!

Furrowing her brows in mirth and annoyance at Hyun Bin, Yejin made a move to smack him, before the former playfully deflected her smacks.

The prince laughed heartily, bending forward in his sitting position at the edge of the bed to lean against the princess, who promptly gripped his head firmly, trapping him in the position.

Hyun Bin continued laughing, before Yejin leaned in to smell his hair, running her fingers briefly through it before releasing her hold on him. His hair was always so silky and fragrant.

"That was so mean of you, Your Royal Highness. I honestly thought you were leaving..." She groused coquettishly, narrowing her eyes in mock exasperation.

Flashing a boyish smile before it faded into an indulgent gaze, the Crown Prince softly said, "How else would I know, that you like me so much?"

Putting on a hurt expression, Yejin adopted a piteous tone, "...what happened back there in the bathhouse wasn't enough..?"