Future

The gradual return of warmth to the vast lands of Goguryeo heralded the departure to Dong Ye and Dong Okjeo for the Crown Prince and Princess consort.

There were still vestiges of winter lingering in the spring air, yet it also promised warm summer days ahead.

Seeds were awakened, and the lands are once again cloaked in green and bold vibrancy as spring was celebrated.

From where she was on horseback, enveloped snugly in the Crown Prince's sturdy presence, Yejin couldn't mask the secret smile of anticipation that clung onto her lips.

Riding in the horse carriage was more comfortable for sure, but being held in Hyun Bin's arms, with her back against his chest, was another.

(Thank you yejinhandlands for this beautiful edit!)

She knew very well she should be professional about it - they had an entourage consisting of envoys, soldiers, royal advisors and maid servants traveling with them, but still, Yejin was very excited about her first official trip with Hyun Bin.

Earlier in the morning, they had officially set off from Gungnae after receiving blessings from the royal shaman and of course, the King and Queen.

It felt almost like the time when she had sent Hyun Bin off on the Liao River campaign, though a lot smaller in scale.

Also, the feeling this time round was vastly different from the previous time, for she was leaving along with him.

Flashbacks of their separation back then revisited; watching the Crown Prince leave, with no guarantee that he would safely return, had been excruciatingly painful.

For this diplomatic mission, she had understood from the entourage leader that they were due to spend five days traveling to the borders shared between Dong Okjeo and Goguryeo.

Upon reaching the borders, it would take yet another four to five days by horseback and carriage to reach Gaema in Dong Okjeo.

The princess knew very well; she would be foolish to expect an easy journey. Her last trip from Gungnae to Jolbon had shown her how treacherous the mountainous terrain could be.