Another Normal Day

Jody's room is so pretty! I wish I could do this to my bedroom

********

Damon's POV (am i not full of surprises nowadays?) -

I continued typing a report on my laptop waiting for Maddie and Ben to get back from school. When suddenly, the front door slammed open and Maddie and Ben walked in laughing. "Hiya family that annoys me a lot! I have very exciting news to tell ya'll. A chorus of 'rude' and 'what is it?' went around the living room. "I have made a new friend today. And I know that isn't exciting BUT my friend is a girl." Maddie said her face glowing with excitement.

We exchanged happy glances and went to hug Maddie. "I'm still alive you know?" Ben said waving his hand in front of my face. I pulled him into a hug and laughed when he groaned. "What's her name? how is she? Is she that bad-girl type who will be a bad influence? If she is, you aren't going to be her friend." I said spilling questions out faster than Maddie can eat lasagna. And that is saying something.

"Her name is Jody. She's a good person. Definitely not a bad-girl type. And they aren't bad influences. They are actually nice. And she is the sweet, shy kinda girl." She said. Will nodded and said, "That's fine." "She's coming over today. So, you guys come out here for 1 minute. And one minute only. Then you will go back to doing whatever you want to do except disturbing us. Which I'm sure was the first thing on your mind." She said knowing exactly what all of us were thinking.

"Yeah. Sure." We said. "And now I'm going up to my room to change and chill." She said as she walked up the stairs.

Jody's POV-

I opened the door to my house and walked in. kicking off my shoes in one corner and flinging my backpack on my couch. "Mom. I'm home and I have amazing news! Where are you?" I shouted. "In the kitchen." She shouted back. I walked towards the kitchen and said, "I made a new friend today." Jumping up and down giddily.

"That's nice honey. What's her name?" she asked giving me a hug. "Her name's Maddie and I'm going over to her house later so that we can hangout and get to know each other more." "ok. When are you going over?" she asked me. "I don't know. I have to ask her now." I said slowly. My mother nodded. "I'm going up to my room." I said and walked towards the stairs and towards my bedroom.

I jumped onto my bed not bothering to change as I already had comfortable clothes on. I switched my phone on and went to the new chat with Maddie.

J: hey.

J: What time am I coming over?

M: sup. You can come over at around 4 if you're free?

J: yeah, sure.

M: cool.

J: I have to go now. I'm reading 'The Great Gatsby.'

M: ooh, cool.

M: bye

J: bye

I took my 'Great Gatsby'book and opened it to the page I had marked. I started reading losing myself into the world created by F. Scott Fitzgerald.