The News!

Hope you like this chapter! stay safe!

********

Jesse's POV-

"So, we have a new co-captain who has been chosen due to their skills." I tell the team when we are all in practice. "When I call your name come and stand next to me." I glance quickly at Madison. Everyone nods. "Madison Winchester is the new co-captain. Come up here Madison." I tell her with a smile on my face. She walks up next to me with a small smile on her face. "But she's a girl!" and "How could you choose a girl!" rang through the crowd.

"Prove that you deserve to be the co-captain." I whisper to Madison. She nodded. She put two fingers in her mouth and gave out a long and loud whistle that caused everyone to shut up and look at her. "I may be a girl but that doesn't mean that I am not as good or better than the guys on the team. I was chosen for a reason and you will respect that decision. If not for me then for your coach, captain, and team. Now let's start over." She says her voice ringing with authority.

"Hi, I'm Madison but you can call me Maddie. And I will be the co-captain for the football team. If you respect me, I will respect you. Understand?" she says with a smile on her face knowing that everyone was listening to her. I swelled with pride and admiration and gave her a small smile. "I agree with her. Everyone will respect her as she is your co-captain. Now laps everyone." I tell everyone.

Everyone nods and start running. "Let's go sit." I tell Maddie nodding my head towards the bleachers. She shook her head and said, "The only way we will get closer as a team is if we do everything together with no privileges." And started jogging with the others. I see Coach smile at her and go to sit on the bleachers. "What are you waiting for Jefferson!" Coach shouted. I shook my head and joined the others.

I see everyone's eyes widen as they see us joining them as the captains and co-captains never join the jogging and do it before or after the practice. I smile at them and start talking with Ezra and Felix. "What do you think of Maddie?" Ezra asked us. "She's pretty cool." I reply. "She's a character. She was the one who led you to the idea of joining the jogging isn't it?" Felix smirked. I nodded and replied "Ain't that the truth." With a grin.

I saw Maddie jogging with Eli, Max and Christian. They were all laughing at something that Maddie had told them.

She's certainly buying some of them over.

Soon, we finished jogging and started our usual passing and match. We were all drenched in sweat in a matter of 30 minutes. "Alright everyone we will be having a match with Elmwood Highschool in a week. So, we will have intense practice for the next few days." Coach told everyone. we all nodded and shouted, "Yes coach!" "East or west Ridgewood High is the best!" we chanted. "Alight, everyone is dismissed." Coach tells us. We wave to him and walk to the locker rooms.

Maddie's POV-

"You proved all those guys wrong." Eli told me. I smiled and said, "We did." And gave him a high-five. "I'm really proud of you Mads." He tells me his eyes shining with pride. I hug him and say "Thanks." "Ok. Go change and we can leave." He tells me with a smile on his lips. I nod and quickly change into my normal clothes after I enter the girls, locker room.

Once, I was changed Eli and I left to go home. I couldn't wait to tell my brothers the exciting news!

********

what do you think about her being co-captain? and how do you think her brothers will react? do you think Jesse did the right thing by choosing her?