gyllenholland-not allowed *part2*

they kept silent until they got in the car, where they sat for two minutes without moving.
tom flinched when jake suddenly slammed his fist against the steering wheel. "jesus fuck, tom."
tom's lip began to quiver, so he bit it. his voice was shaky and low as he asked, "sho- should we break up?"
jake's head whipped toward him. "what?!"
tom rubbed his hands on his pants to clear the sweat. "it would probably be better, wouldn't it?"
"no! it wouldn't be better! we can't let this change everything, tom!"
tom took a shaky breath and rubbed his eyes. "i don't know if i can watch you with another girl."
"but it's fake, tom." tom didn't reply, so the car was silent again.
"do you want to break up?" jake sounded broken.
"i don't know," tom sighed.
"right." he drummed his fingers on his thigh. "maybe we should then."
tom felt squirmy as his heart broke. he gasped out. "i'm sorry."
jake started the car. they stayed silent until they got to tom's house. jake turned the car off. "i'll tell our agents that we broke up."
tom looked at the necklace on his chest. it was a simple heart with t+j engraved in it. he slipped it off and put it in the cup holder. his heart dropped as he heard the clink. "will we still talk?"
"i don't think so."
"right." he opened the door and stepped out. "jake?" he looked at his (now ex) boyfriend.
"yeah?" he looked back at tom.
"i'm sorry that this didn't work out."
he shrugged. "it's okay, tom. it's not your fault. you deserve someone young, someone you don't have to hide."
he started the car again, so tom took that as his cue to shut the door. he watched jake's car pull out of the driveway and onto the road. his tears fell as soon as the car was gone.