•peter meets the avengers•

everyone was sitting in the kitchen of stark tower. steve was cooking, tony was filling out papers at the table. natasha and clint were whispering to each other while drinking coffee, and bruce was teaching thor how to use a cell phone.
"mr. stark?"
tony looked up to see peter. he was wearing one of tony's old mit hoodies. his hair was a mess, sticking up in patches. he had dark bags under his eyes and he was stumbling around. "hey, pete. what's going on?"
everyone else just stared at him. who was this kid?
peter rubbed his closed eyes, "what are you cooking?" when he opened them, they widened. "you- you guys are the avengers!"
steve smiled politely. "yes. and uh. who are you exactly?"
peter didn't answer. instead he walked up to thor. "you're thor!"
"yes, indeed! and what is thy name?"
peter blanked, staring at him in awe. he looked at tony. "i- well..."
"hey, peter." rhodey walked in, holding more papers. he patted peter's head and sat beside tony. "how are you?"
peter's face lit up. "i'm great, mr. rhodes!"
"what are you doing here, peter?" natasha's voice was surprisingly soft. clint was the only one who had ever heard her talk like that. she didn't care to admit it. but she had a spot for children.
"i fell asleep in mr. stark's lab." he smiled at her. "you know, you're black widow. which is a spider. and i'm spiderman. so you're like my mom."
"maybe sister. but not your mom," she smiled back at him.
tony stood up. "let's go finish your project, yeah?"
peter hugged him. "okay. it was really nice meeting you guys." they walked out. everyone heard peter ask tony if he thought he annoyed everyone.
"of course not, pete. they loved you."
"really?"
"yeah! how could they not?"
clint spoke up, nodding to the door. "who is that kid?"
rhodey chuckled. "his name's peter parker. he's spider-man. he's like tony's kid."
"kid?"
rhodey nodded. "yeah. tony loves him."
if the kid could make tony stark as happy as he was now, then he was obviously amazing.