Seven

It was the next day and you, Padmé, Jar Jar, and Qui-Gon. You walked behind your sister as Qui-Gon led the way to Watto's shop. You were lost in thought as you followed, thinking and wondering about these feelings and connection with Anakin all while worrying about your home planet.

You also felt this worry from your sister. She was worried about the plan you all had and worried about doing something wrong that will cost you guys your home planet. She didn't want to fail as queen.

You all approached Watto's shop and you knew Anakin was also there as you felt that all familiar pull.

"Are you sure about this?" Padmé suddenly asked as she stopped in her tracks. You accidentally bumped into her. She glanced at you to make sure you were okay as she continued to speak. "Trusting our fate to a boy we hardly know? The queen will not approve."

Qui-Gon stopped and looked at your sister. "The queen doesn't need know." he simply said before entering the shop.

"Well, I don't approve." Padmé said quietly to you. You giggled at her frustration as you both waited by the entrance of the shop.

"The boy tells me you want to sponsor him in the race." Watto stated as Qui-Gon approached them. "How can you do this? Not on the Republic credits, I think, huh?"

"My ship will be the entry free." Qui-Gon replied as he took out a device that displayed a hologram of the ship. Anakin looked between Qui-Gon and Watto before his eyes met yours and he gave you a hopefully smile. You returned the smile as Watto spoke.

"Oh, not bad!" He said. "Not bad, huh? A Nubian, huh?"

"It's in good order expect for the parts I need." Qui-Gon added.

"What would the boy ride? He smashed up my pod in the last race. It will take some long time to fix it." Watto argued, clearly not sold on letting Anakin race.

"It wasn't my fault, really. Sebulba flashed me with his vents." Anakin defended himself. "I actually saved the pod, mostly."

"Mmmm. That you did, huh." Watto chuckled. "The boy is good. No doubts there, huh?"

"I've acquired a pod in a game of chance, the fastest ever built." Qui-Gon added.

"I hope you didn't kill anyone I know for it, huh?" Watto laughed. "So, you supply the pod and the entry fee, and I supply the boy. We spilt the winnings, um, 50-50, i think, huh?"

"If it's going to be 50-50, I suggest you front the cash for the entry." Qui-Gon countered as he and Watto paced around the room. "If we win, you keep all the winnings, minus the cost of the parts I need. And if we lose, you keep my ship. Either way, you win."

Watto grumbled as he thought about what Qui-Gon has stated. It was indeed a situation where Watto would win no matter what and he really didn't have anything to lose. Qui-Gon and Anakin shared a look before Anakin shared that same look with you. You felt Watto contemplate over everything before you felt him get happy. You smiled, already knowing what Watto was going to say.

"Deal."

~

"What if this plan fails, Master?" Obi-Wan Kenobi said to Qui-Gon through their communicator. "We could be stuck here for a very long time."

"Well, it's too dangerous to call for help, and a ship without a power supply isn't going to get us anywhere." Qui-Gon sighed. He stood outside on the makeshift balcony of the Skywalker home. "And..." Qui-Gon trailed off as his glaze fell upon you and Anakin. You and Anakin were not too far off from the Skywalker home. He watched as Anakin showed you which part went where on the pod as you helped Anakin build it.

"There's something about this boy and servant girl." Qui-Gon finished his sentence before hanging up the communicator and putting it back into his pocket. He looked over as Shmi walked onto the balcony. They shared a smile as Shmi stood next to Qui-Gon.

"You should be very proud of your son." Qui-Gon said to her. "He gives without any thought of reward."

Both he and Shmi watched as you and Anakin talked and laughed about Force knows what as you both continued to work on the pod.

"Well, he knows nothing of greed." Shmi replied to the Jedi. "He has a-.." Shmi paused as she looked for the right words.

"He has special powers." Qui-Gon finished for her. Shmi nodded her head in agreement. "He can see things before they can happen. That's why he appears to have such quick reflexes. It's a Jedi trait." He continued as they watched you quickly catch something Anakin dropped. "Much like young ____."

"He deserves better than a slave's life." Shmi commented as she took in Qui-Gon's words.

"Why, certainly. Had he been born in the Republic, we would have identified him early. And with ___, it seems that the people of Naboo kept her abilities a secret. The Force is unusually strong with both Anakin and ___. And they share a very strong connection through the Force. That much is clear... Who was his father?" Qui-Gon questioned Shmi, much like how he will question you or your parents back on Naboo.

"There was no father." Shmi stated as she looked him in the eyes. Qui-Gon could sense the honesty from her. "I carried him. I gave birth. I raised him. I can't explained what happened. Can you help him?"

"I don't know." Qui-Gon said quietly. "I didn't actually come here to free slaves."

Shmi looked away and back at her son, who was so obviously happy work with you, as more children ran out to you and Anakin.

"I've never see him so happy with that young girl, even with the other children." Shmi said after a few moments of silence. "They share a bond that I don't think I share with Ani, a stronger one than we share.. Please help them." Shmi asked out of concern for the two children. She knew that there was no breaking the odd, yet strong bond you and Anakin shared. She wanted Qui-Gon to help both you and her son understand it and protect you both from the evils that may come from it. She looked at the Jedi, who was still watching you and Anakin.

"I will do my best to help them."