Twenty Sixth

Joerish

Ryseann was holding my hands when we walked out of their dinner table. I admit that I didn't expect that his mother's reaction is going to be like that. I am so in pain right now. Hindi lang dahil sa nasasaktan ako para sa sarili ko kundi pati kay Ryseann. Nasasaktan ako para sa aming dalawa. Kanina ko pa pinipigil ang mga luha ko kasi I want to prove that I am strong. That I could also fight for our relationship.

He fought for me and he did his best. So I should also do the same. I want us to work out til the end. And I won't quit and I won't ever let go. I will never let go of my happiness and that is Ryseann.

"Are you okay?" He cupped my cheeks and hugged me tight. "I am so sorry you had to hear that. If I only knew, hindi nalang sana kita dinala dito. Sana hindi ka nasaktan." Ryseann uttered.

I tightened my hug to him and I started crying. I wanted to be okay. I really wanted to. Pero hanggat nagpapanggap akong kaya ko, mas lalo akong nasasaktan. Mas nahihirapan akong itago ang katotohanan.

I also have my soft side. My weak side which every people have. I also know how to get hurt even though I always try to be brave. I could also scream a cry after all my laughters cause nothing in the world is perfect.

Sometimes, it's okay to not to be okay.

"I'm not okay Ryseann. But thank you for defending me... that made me feel better. You made me feel well Ryseann. Thank you." I sob.

"My Mom may not see how genuine you are right now and that is her loss. She can't see how determine you are and how great you could be. But we will not stop there. We'll prove that we are deserving to each other. And I will not stop until she accept us."

"Maybe she just want a perfect girl for you. She just want you to experience a perfect kind of love kasi mahalaga ka sa kanya." I am still crying.

"Love doesn't need to be perfect. It just needs to be true."

He kissed my head and I looked up at him. I tried to smile and show that I am getting better because he is here. He is embracing me, he is making me feel better and he is by my side, serving as my strength.

"I love you Rish. And nothing could ever change that. Not my Mom, not our differences and imperfections... nothing."

"I love you too Ryseann. I'll do better for you. I'll prove something to your Mom that she will not expect. I swear that to God."

"Don't just do it for me Rish. Or for us. Do it also for yourself cause it's for your own good. Okay?"

I nodded and smiled. "Okay."

Hinatid ako pauwi ni Ryseann. He keeps on cheering me up that one day, at God's perfect time, everything will fall into place. Of course, we have to work on it. Somehow, we are talking about trust here. And trust is not something to be imposed, trust is something to be earned.

"I am really sorry for tonight Babe. I hope you are feeling better. If you are tired just rest, I will always be here."

"You did enough Ryseann. We will work on this together, okay? So please, don't stress yourself too much." I gave him a soft kiss on his lips.

"Good night Ice Bear. Sleep well, okay? Tomorrow is another day. I'll fetch you to school." He smiled.

"You too Ryseann. I love you."

"I love you more." He replied. "Pasok ka na. Maybe your parents are already waiting for you. I'll watch you go in."

"Okay. Drive home safely."