019. ACT THREE TRACK NINETEEN

the climb miley cyrus

the climb
miley cyrus

0:07 —————|————— 0:42

i can almost see it
that dream i'm dreaming, but
there's a voice inside my head saying
"you'll never reach it"
every step i'm taking
every move i make feels lost, with no direction
my faith is shaken

but i, i gotta keep trying
gotta keep my head held high

INSTAGRAM
elliotkendrick made a new post!

liked by mattiapolibio, alejandrorosario, kinsleyhayes, and others

and others

elliotkendrick college here i come !

user9 YES ELLIOT IM SO PROUD OF YOU
elliotkendrick ty sm bub

alejandrorosario i never want to sit through another graduation ceremony again
elliotkendrick you big baby

mattiapolibio i'm so excited for the lakehouse this year
elliotkendrick me too !! you and kai kai are sharing a room 👀
kairiconsentino 🧍‍♂️
mattiapolibio 🪑⚡️

alvarokendrick proud of you el
elliotkendrick thank you varo <3

charlidamelio CONGRATS !!! 💕💕
elliotkendrick CHARLI DAMELIO THE RENEGADE QUEEN JUST COMMENTED ILL CRY
charlidamelio hahaha ily bebe
elliotkendrick i love you 💕

"we're gradutes!!!!!" mattia screamed.
elliot and kairi chuckled at the boy and went back to their conversation.
"kai, i'll be the designated driver for grad night but you have to watch mattia and make sure he doesn't get too wasted." she bargained, knowing that kairi wouldn't have a problem being close to mattia. he nods and not so subtly gives mattia a once-over before turning his attention back to elliot. before long, the four teens arrive in front elliot's parents house. even though she hadn't been home in months (expect to pick up clothes and even then, her parents were never home when she'd come), she agreed to stop by and see them before she left for college. she took a deep breath and unbuckled her seatbelt. alejandro reaches behind him and squeezes her hand reassuringly before getting out of the car with her and walking her up to the doorstep.
"remember that i'm here beauty. if at anytime you feel like you need to leave just say the world and i'll get us out of here." alejandro flashes his signature smile and instantly calms her down. she reaches up and raps twice on the door. it swings open to reveal her mother wearing a big smile.
"elliot!" she exclaims.
she'd always been closer to her mom than her dad and never had any resentment towards her. her father was a totally different story. they meet in a hug and the was knocked out of elliot as soon as her mother wrapped her arms around her. she'd missed her mom, truthfully. they hug for a long time before they break apart and her mom motions for them to come inside.
"alejandro. always a pleasure." her father give him a tight lipped smile and a firm handshake.
"we can't stay for long but i needed to come and pick up the rest of my clothes, furniture, and my car before i leave." elliot told her dad before pushing past him and dragging ale up to her room. she hadn't been in here in so long. sure, she'd already cleared out her photos, posters, and lights but she still reminisced at old times. she'd grown up in this room and now she was clearing it out and leaving. she sighed sadly while walking over to her closet and pulling her clothes off the hangers. alejandro started to grab furniture and take it down to the car. they spent 20 minutes cleaning out the little bit of what was left of elliot's room before loading it into her car and leaving her parents house. she didn't even bother to say goodbye to her dad because she knew too damn well that he actually didn't care.
"hey babe? you okay?" alejandro was concerned for his girlfriend. her demeanor had changed the second they stepped foot in her parents house.
"yeah i just really missed my mom." tears well up in her eyes.
"hey hey hey, don't cry. we'll go see her again before you leave. but if your dad's there, you won't be going." he stated.
she nods and leans back in her seat. all the bad vibes she'd picked up from being near her dad needed to be gone before the grad night party. she and alejandro needed to go home and pack for the lakehouse before they head out to the party. tonight was going to be a great night. she'd make sure of it.