Twenty Three

Emma

We finally got home that Sunday morning, and Lisa had Jack dressed and ready for the day.

"Hey, baby!" I said, Lisa handing Jack over to me as he smiled. "I missed you little guy."

"Thanks for watching him, Mom. Emma and I really appreciate it." Ethan said. He was peering over my shoulder at Jack.

"Yes. Thank you, Lisa." I added.

"Did you two have fun?" She asked.

"We sure did." Ethan answered, kissing me on the cheek.

"Good. You two deserved a little break. You're both doing such a good job as new parents."

"Awe. Thanks, mom. That means a lot." Ethan said. At this point, his arms were around my stomach, and we were both staring at our little boy. He was happy to see us too, the evidence in his big, no-toothed smile. He was only two months old, so it made sense that his teeth weren't in yet.

"Jack and I had so much fun this weekend. And Grayson and Joey came over on Saturday to hang out with us, and we had fun with them. Otherwise, Jack just played and hung out with me. He did tummy time, and we watched some Disney movies."

"Wow. Sounds like he had the best weekend ever." I said. "He loves Disney."

Ethan chuckled behind me. "Good thing we named him Jack-Jack, huh, Emma?"

I giggled. "Yeah. It's perfect for him."

"Well, I'm gonna take off. Thanks for letting me hang out with Jack." Lisa said.

"No, thanks for watching him for us." I said. "We really do appreciate it." I said, giving Lisa a side hug since Jack was still in my arms.

Ethan gave Lisa a hug too, and then she was on her way.

I sat down on the couch with Jack, and Ethan was looking at me.

"It's good to be home." I said. "I'm tired."

Ethan smiled. "Go take a nap. I'll hang out with  little J-man." He said, taking Jack from me.

I pecked Ethan's lips before I stood up. "Thank you, E. You're the best."

"Have a good nap, sweetie."

And I did. I slept for three hours. It was a really good nap too. The kind where you're so tired that you don't even dream. You just wake up refreshed.

I found Ethan in the kitchen, with Jack strapped to his chest in the baby carrier. Mostly so Ethan's hands could be free.

"Good nap?" Ethan asked.

"So good. Thank you. I needed sleep."

"I know, hun. Look, Jack-Jack. Mommy's awake."

Jack smiled at me as Ethan took his hands and raised Jack's arms in a victory position.

"Look at you. My two favorite boys."

"Hell yeah!" Ethan said.

"Hey, language, Mr. Dad."

"I'm raising our son right, Miss Mom."

"By teaching him profanity?"

Ethan shrugged. "I'm a fuckin' Italian, Emma. This was how I was raised."

I laughed. "Try to control it around our two-month-old."

Ethan chuckled, pecking my lips. "Grayson, Joey and Olivia are coming over for dinner. I'm gonna order some pizzas."

"Okay. Is Jack hungry?"