Let the nightmare begin

Chapter Four : Let the nightmare begin

"So when did you get there?" Mr. McCall directed the question at his son Stiles and Me. Kira sat on my left, Scott on my right, Stiles on his and Lydia was in a chair on the far side of the sheriff's office.

"At the same time?" Dear God Stiles.

"At the same time as who?"

"Same time as Me." Scott told his father pointing to himself.

"By coincidence?"

"What do you mean by coincidence?" Stiles asked slumping back in his seat.

"That's what I'm asking you. The two of you arrived at the same time. Was that coincidence?"

"Are you asking me?" Scott asked his father.

"I think he's asking me."

"I think he's asking both of you." I tell my two best friends, with a clearly pissed smile along my face.

"Okay let me answer the questions." The agent says before pausing at his odd statement. "Let me ask the questions." He corrected, a small smile on Sheriff Stilinski's face from behind him. "Just so I have this absolutely clear. Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a code message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then Barrow took Kira to the power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town."

"Sounds about right." Stiles said, rolling his head.

"How'd you know he would take her to a power station?"

"Well, 'cause he was an electrical engineer. So where else would he take her?" Great question Stiles, there's only the whole town.

"That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles." Mr. (I still refuse to call him agent.) McCall said leaning back on the desk behind him.

"Yeah, what can I say? I take after my pops. He's in law enforcement." This caused Stiles father to snort from his seat.

The sheriff covered it with a cough, "Uh Stiles, just answer the man."

"We made a good guess."

"What were the three of you doing?" The McCall directed this question to Kira Scott and me.

"Eating Pizza." Scott and I say at the same time Kira says, "Eating sushi." The three of us look at eachother.

"Eating sushi." "eating Pizza."

We just roll our eyes before taking a forced breath, "Eating sushi and pizza." All three of us say exasperated.

"You believe this?" Mr. McCall asked the sheriff.

"To be honest, I haven't believed a word Stiles had said since he learned to speak. But I these kids found themselves in the right place at the right time and that girl is sitting there is very lucky for it." The sheriff backs us up as Kira looks to the floor.