The Bite of an Innocent

Chapter Three : The Bite of an Innocent

I was walking with Scott, Isaac and Stiles to a morning practice before they had final tryouts. The air made my skin get covered in goosebumps. Well truthfully I had no idea if it was the air or the fact that Peter getting robbed led to the deadpool. Worst of all, I couldn't remember who the benefactor was. "Of course you're still the team captain. Right?"

"Yeah Scott you got your grades up like Coach told you to, right?" Stiles asked as we shuffled in by the bleachers.

"Well yeah, but he never told me I was back on the team. He just told me to show up at tryouts today."

"We got bigger things to worry about." Isaac said, taking Stiles' stick and turning to face me and Scoot, "Did either of you tell Allison or Argent yet? I mean Cait it seems like you're the only one she still talks too."

I rubbed the back of my neck, "I sent her a text. She hasn't replied."

"You told Allison her Aunt Kate came back from the dead over a text?" Stiles asked, taking his property back from Isaac.

"Does it look like I have the money to call france!? My parents work as elementary teachers with four kids. All teenage girls." I looked down at the watch on my wrist, "Shit, I have to meet Lydia. Look, good luck to all of you." I blow one kiss to all three of them, running away from the field. I spin my head around just once catching a glimpse of the players already on the field. Liam. "Shit." My phone buzzed from inside my pocket.

New Message : Melissa McCall : Scott said you knew more about the supernatural than anyone else. We have three new bodies at the hospital, as well as a kid who came in covered in blood. Could you maybe stop by after school, just make sure they were all human, and this was just straight up homicide?

"Damn it." I sent back a text saying sure, but I knew the truth. The Walcotts, the first known murders for the benefactor. Wendigos, otherwise known as cannibals. Huh, maybe I should take Stiles up on that supernatural profiling thing.

Third Person POV

Melissa McCall unzipped the body bag of the eldest Walcott. Pointing out different wounds to the sheriff. "Now I know why Sean hasn't spoken a word to the psychologist yet."

The Sheriff nodded, "He's gonna be in shock for a while, isn't he?"

"Yeah. This was his whole family?"

"Mother, father, older brother. Sean was the youngest. And the only one that got away. The question is from what?"

"From who? These wounds weren't caused by claws and fangs. These are deep cuts, a combination of sharp and blunt force trauma."

"Yeah that's what the ME said. Some kind of axe. I just need to make sure that we didn't have to uh.."

"Involve the boys?"