5-Clapping and Collapsing

Chapter 5

They asked us to do a basket toss. Reluctantly our group got into a prep for a basket toss. I could feel the nervousness in the air so I whispered "just imagine that the coaches aren't there!" I almost instantly felt everyone relax. "12345678!" I heard coach Dana call before I was thrown up into the air I kicked and twisted down into my bases arms. Then coach Chrissy asked "can you try a kick kick full basket please" as I went back into my bases arms I heard coach Chrissy count "12345678" before I was flinged into the air where I kicked twice and then started twisting down into my bases arms where I landed safely. The next thing I heard was clapping, lots and lots of clapping. Then I realised they where clapping for me. There was even some of the shooting stars and suns girls cheering and clapping. The next thing I knew was my sister allie came up behind me and I was lifted off the ground and swung around before I was dropped to the ground and had my big sister telling me "I m so proud of you andrea! My little sister is on twinkles and has almost got her kick kick double basket and she's not even 10!" Before I could say a word, coach Chrissy was saying "that's absolutely fabulous Andrea!" "Andreas group go and start practicing standing tumbling and jumps and the next group is Gianna's stunt group." Coach Dana called above the noise. Of the tryouts. As my group and I sneaked into the corner of the gym, we had a mini celebration on the basket toss being successful. We started jumps and standing tumbling, for standing tumbling I warmed up my backhand spring, my backhand spring tuck, my backhand spring layout and my backhand spring backhand spring full, before I warmed up my jumps. For jumps I warmed up with 10 toe-touches 10 herkies and 10 hurdlers. I did that three times.

Next thing I knew I was on the floor being poked and prodded by Gianna, allie, mum and Gianna's s mum! When I awoke the first sound I heard was Gianna's mum going "no, Gianna don't do that!" I felt what she was saying no to immediately, Gianna pinching my eyelids!! I immediately jolted upright and swatted Gianna's hands away before I asked "what happened?" "Andrea you where walking over to your jumps and standing tumbling tryout before you over-heated and collapsed on the ground." Mum said. "Andrea, I want you to go to my office and take some of the little bottles of water from the fridge and come over and sit on the speaker while we do the rest of the twinkles tryouts." Coach Dana kindly told me. So I slowly got off the ground and started walking towards coach Dana and coach Chrissy's office. As I stepped in I opened the little fridge and took out four mini bottles of water. Two for me and one for coach Dana and one for coach Chrissy. As I was about too leave I heard familiar voices outside the office so I quickly snuck into one of the cupboards under the desk. I heard the two people come into the office and start looking on coach Dana and coach Chrissy's desks. Next thing I heard was "I found it!" "Then show me!" I knew those voices from somewhere. Then it struck me. They where two girls from the Suns last season and most Suns have one common goal. To be a shooting star.