Chapter 30

happy 30th chapter!! crazy how i manage to update this book despite my annoying writers block

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

It was nine in the evening and they had just finished their dinner. They were currently just catching up, the normal stuff.

They used to always eat together but nowadays, everybody was busy with individual schedules making it hard for them to have a meal as seven.

In the middle of their conversation, jin's phone started ringing.

His face lit up and a his lips instantly curved to form a smile. "it's lisa" he said happily to the boys before answering.

"lis—"

"KIM SEOKJIN" lisa's voice boomed on the phone so loud that all of bangtan heard it and the phone wasn't even on speaker. Jin had to draw the phone away from his ear.

All of their heads whipped towards jin's direction, puzzled looks on their faces.

"what's with her?" yoongi raised a brow confusedly.

Jin wearily brought the phone back to his ear and nervously chuckled, "what's wrong, baby sister? You know I'm a singer, right? I need my ears to be functional to perform"

"did you do this?" you could hear the stress in her voice.

"do what?" jin furrowed his eyebrows and and eyed all his members.

"put her on speaker" taehyung suggested.

"no dumbass, do you want to wake the neighbors?"

"good point"

"I walked out of my house an hour ago because the doorbell rang and there's a dog in a cage— a french poodle puppy, to be specific. Plus, there's a note attached to the cage and it says 'happy birthday!' and IT'S NOT MY BIRTHDAY. Look, I know I've been wanting a dog but I don't think now's the right time to give me one especially when I'm in the middle of my CEO duties"

Jin was just completely confused at this point. "a dog?"

"yes, a dog. Not that I want you to take it back, I'm just saying that getting me a dog right now wasn't a good decision. I'll keep the dog, thank you, but you're so irresponsible I—"

"woah, woah, woah. I gave you a dog?" jin puzzledly asked.

Jungkook awkwardly shifted in his seat but luckily, jin didn't notice. 'should i have gotten her the golden retriever instead?' he asked himself.

"was it not?"

"I don't know, did I unconsciously go to the petstore and buy you a dog? Not sure" jin said, chuckling lightly. "it wasn't me"

"you gave me three of my cats so I figured it was you" lisa sighed. She was so sure that she caught the culprit.

"no, it wasn't me. Ask jennie or something" jin suggested.

"Jennie's not that dumb and reckless"

"so you're saying I'm that dumb and reckless?"

"yes, my point exactly"

"ask bambam"

"oh I will" she mumbled.

"can visit your new puppy tomorrow?" Jin desperately asked with a smile on his face.

"she has a new puppy?"

"what breed?"

"when did she get it?"

"can we see it now?"

The boys asked at once, except for jungkook, taehyung and seokjin who was on the phone.

Taehyung was still connecting the dots but he had an idea. He looked at jungkook who was awkwardly silent.

Taehyung instantly got it.

"jungkook, you are so lame" taehyung whispered into their maknae's ear before laughing.

"what?" jungkook nervously asked and moved his chair away from taehyung.

"we'll take later" taehyung mouthed and jungkook sighed, but nodded anyway.

"is it a girl or a boy?" seokjin asked his sister.

"it's a girl"

At this point, jin decided to just put his sister in speaker for the curious and intrigued boys.

"what will you name it?" jimin asked.

"name it kim seokjin"

"there's no way I'm naming my new baby after you" lisa replied. "let's not talk about what I'm naming it, I'm too stressed. Guess I'm bringing this little fluff ball to work tomorrow"

"You won't send her to Thailand, will you?"

"What? Of course not. It gets really lonely here at home anyway. And if I had the choice to transport my feline babies here I would but I don't want them to suffer on a plane, they could die" she explained.

"I'll visit you tomorrow" Jin said.

"Lisaaaa, can we all go?" Hoseok asked, attempting to act cute.

"Yeah, we want to see her too" Jimin added.

Lisa sighed, jin could imagine her rolling her eyes at that very moment. "As if you guys ever ask me for permission. Remember the time you guys basically threw a barbeque party in my house without me knowing? Yeah let's not do that again"

"but that was fuuunn" jimin pouted.

"Jimin, you're not cute" taehyung spat.

"shut up before I make you" Jimin glared at him.

"no fighting" namjoon rolled his eyes.

"can we come over?" yoongi asked this time. "we just want to meet the little fluff ball"

Lisa sighed, "fine, I'll see you tomorrow. If you don't bring me food then I'm not letting you in. Byebye" she hung up.

"jungkook, did you do it?" namjoon suspiciously asked the youngest.

Jungkook shook his head defensively, "why would I? We're not together anymore"

Jin eyes him suspiciously but eventually gave up

++

Taehyung barged into Jungkook's room and slammed the door behind him. "kook, you are so lame" he laughed and plopped himself next to Jungkook on his bed.

"why did you do that?" taehyung knew the answer but he wanted to hear jungkook say it himself. Everything was so amusing for him.

"I didn't do anything" jungkook insisted.

"Look, kook. I know you broke up with Lisa against your own will. I can see right through your amazing acting so just spill it"

Jungkook froze. He was confused.

"I know you're not a rude person, jungkook. Who or what made you act like this?"

Obviously, jungkook didn't know what to do. He should deny everything, that was what he was supposed to do but a part of him wanted to spill everything, the burden was too much for him to carry.

"jungkook" taehyung called him softly, his deep voice calming jungkook. "talk to me"

"I can't" jungkook sighed.

"jungkook, please. You're carrying something that's too much to do alone, let me be here to help you. We've always been there for each other since we were trainees, right?"

"Hyung" jungkook breathed in.

"please, leave me alone"