Chapter 4

"Lisa, what's wrong?" Jennie unnie asked as she stroked my hair.

She wanted to hangout so I invited her over. I mean, she said she wanted to know me more so I took the opportunity if you can call it that.

"We're friends now, right?" I asked.

"You could make that best friends if you want and yes" She chuckled.

"I can trust you with something secret I've been hiding for so long, right?" I asked.

I don't know why, but I feel like I can tell Jennie unnie anything. I trust her so much and we don't hang out often.

"Of course"

"Kim Seokjin is my brother" I said directly. I mean, there wouldn't be any point in making my words any longer.

Her eyes widened, "Kim Seokjin? Bangtan Sonyeondan's Kim Seokjin? The worldwide handsome Kim Seokjin?"

I nodded. "He's my half brother that's why we have different surnames. His mother met my father in Thailand then had me, tadaaa"

"Why do you keep this as a secret?" She asked.

"You know, the secret producer thing where I have to hide my face from the industry. If everyone knew I'm his sister, I'd grab more attention"

"What an honour. Do only a few people know this?" She asked and I nodded. "Well, I'm honoured"

"Well, you said you wanted to know me more so I'll tell you everything you need to know" I chuckled.

"Go on"

"I started working in YG entertainment when I was fourteen"

She gasped in shock.

"Yes, fourteen. At that time, I'd only make beats and instrumentals since I couldn't write or speak in Korean fluently. I flew to Korea at a young age and lived alone. My brother didn't know I came to Korea until I was fifteen"

"How did sajangnim discover you?" She asked, resting her chin on the palm of her right hand.

"Well, I just emailed a song I composed to YG entertainment. I didn't think it'll actually get noticed but it did. Sajangnim offered me a position as an assistant producer but he had one conditon, I shouldn't tell anyone about my employment in YG. I worked as Teddy oppa's assistant then work my way up to the top to where I am now"

"At such a young age" She whispered. "I always wondered who LL was. I'd see that name in the credit list but never saw it on the YG producer list. How's living the double life?"

"Well, it sucks that I can't reveal myself. I can't be fully open with anyone besides my brother and now probably you" I chuckled.

"Well, at least you know I'm here. How is working for sajangnim?" She asked.

"Well, he treats me like his daughter. Literally. He checks up on me a lot and I appreciate that. Like a few days ago, when my brother told him that I was in the hospital, he came rushing there"

"I'm soft now, stop" Jennie unnie put a hand on her heart dramatically.

"But when it comes to work, my daughter figure vanishes. Work is work and if he doesn't like something he says it. Like the current project I'm working. Wanna hear it?"

"Will that be okay?" She asked but I could totally see that she was curious.

"Oh please. Come on" I rolled my eyes and got out of the room with her following behind me. I entered my music room and turned my computer on. I opened the unfinished song I suggested to sajangnim which he didn't really like and started playing it for Jennie.