8

Multiple Months Later

I wake up in a familiar white room.

Looking around, I see the familiar Apex logo pop up on a small computer.

I walk over to the computer and I see the all to familiar steps for victory pop up.

The five steps for victory are as follows:

1. Take a backpack and fill it up with three items we provided.

2. Put the backpack on. (Yes we have to say it)

3. Watch this short video on how this game works!

4. Pick your special move. (hurry we'll run out soon)

5. Change your outfit.

6. Go meet your squad and bond for the remaining time!

Good luck and smile!

I pick up a backpack and I fill it up with a blanket and pillow and two things of food and water

I click play on the video but since I already know what it says, I skip through the whole thing and pick my special move.

"I need the same moves as last years game. I don't want to risk my life trying anything new,"

I scroll through the long list of options and I finally spot what I'm looking for.

Clicking the option, I let out a sigh.

My clothes appear on the bed behind me and I quickly change into the outfit.

As I walk towards the exit, my heartbeat increases with each step.

Elliot, please be on the other side of this door...

I take in a deep breath before opening the door and walking to the meeting area.

It's empty so I'm assuming that I'm the first one done.

I sit down in a chair and wait patiently.

My leg is bouncing and I continuously tap my finger on a nearby table.

After waiting ten minutes, I hear a door open.

I quickly spin around to see a girl with two braids and an all white strapless latex pantsuit.