Chapter 11

We head to the living room and sit down before I start asking some questions.

"So, just wondering, do you two write any songs?" I ask, gesturing at Will and Noah.

They shake their heads and Noah says, "Nah, we transfer everything into sheet music and come up with melodies, harmonies, and that kind of stuff"."

I nod and look at the other two, "Does anyone else help with lyrics or is it just you two?"

"Kimber sometimes helps, but we were also planning on having you write some songs also since you're going to be the one singing them," Jacob says with a slight smile.

But when he finishes saying his idea, Michael just rolls his eyes and scoffs, "No way. She'll ruin our brand with sappy love songs."

I roll my eyes, "I hate sappy love songs."

"Still, you're not writing any songs."

"I mean I've already written some but whatever."

That immediately got their attention.

"Wait a minute, you've already written some songs?" Will asks.

I smirk, "Do you really expect so little of me? If I'm going to be part of this I want to have songs to help show it. So yes, I've written some songs."

"Where are they?" Noah asks as he starts to stand up.

I laugh a little, "My room, in the backpack on the ground. It's a black notebook and should be pretty noticeable. Also, grab the dark blue folder that's in there."

He nods and runs towards the elevator and less than five minutes later he is back in his chair and I have my once high-end sketchbook in my hands as well as my dollar store folder.

"So your songs are in there?" Jacob asks.

I smirk, "Yep, want me to sing one for you idiots?"

They all nod and I get up, "Well, how about we go to the studio?"

"Wait you know the instrumental aspects also?" Michael asks.

I nod and head towards the room.

Once we get there I take multiple pieces of sheet music out of the folder and hand them each the right paper for their instrument and once they have looked it all over I look over at Jacob, "You think Shawn will be mad if I mess with the equipment?"

He smirks, "Go ahead."

I smirk and mess with it a little and then once I like it, I head back in and I grab a mic, "Ready?"

They all nod and before I know it we're practicing one of my own songs.

"Hello, hello, baby

You called, I can't hear a thing

I have got no service

In the club, you see, see

Wha-wha-what did you say

Oh, you're breaking up on me

Sorry, I cannot hear you

I'm kinda busy"

I continue singing and the guys are able to keep up and when I look back at them every so often they seem to be enjoying it, including Michael.

Once it's over I smile at the idiots before shutting off the other equipment and then coming back into the main room.

"So? What'd you guys think?" I ask with a smirk.

Jacob smiles, "It was great. With a little help from Shawn, it could be a new hit single."

I smile and look over at Hair Gel, "What about you?"

He rolls his eyes, "It was okay. I'm a better writer though."

I know he tried to keep it in but Noah burst out laughing, "No, man, you're not."

I laugh a little and then slap my hand over my mouth.

The scowl that I remembered seeing the first time we met at the cafe returned and right before leaving he said, "Whatever. Screw you two."

I immediately was confused and I looked at the remaining boys, "Oh c' mon, he can't be that mad about Noah thinking I'm a better writer than him right?"

Will sighs while the other two shake their heads, "That's where you're wrong. One of the things he's most proud of is his lyrics."

I sigh and look back at the door, "Good to know...I'll be right back."

Before they can say anything else I walk out of the studio and after a good half hour of looking, I eventually find Michael in his room but before letting myself known, I just watch him for a moment, as creepy as that sounds.

He's sort of slouched over while sitting on the edge of his bed and I can just barely hear him mumbling to himself what eventually figure out are song lyrics. Which I figure out by noticing him consistently writing, scribbling out, and rewriting new lyrics. It's still pretty dark in the room, but the sunset is just barely coming through the window but it directly hits him and it actually looks fairly attractive. Yes, I just called Hair Gel attractive.

Wait a minute.

Do I like Hair Gel?

No, I don't.

Well...

Crap.

And as I think about reveling myself, this gut feeling just makes me do something I would never do kind of like what I felt right before I spoke up at the auditions.

As he scribbles more lyrics out I walk in from behind him, and I kind of gently but at the same time not at all grab his arm and pull him up causing him to drop his notebook and pen and before he can even react I kiss him.

Yep, you read that right

I.

Kiss.

Him.

He initially kisses back but once he realizes what is happening he quickly pulls away with his eyes wide.

"What the hell was that?!"

"Well...You told me to tell you if me liking one of you idiots changes, and I thought this was a good way of doing that..." I respond, trying to avoid eye contact but majorly failing.

He looks confused for a moment but then there is a gleam in his eyes that lets me know he figured it out.

And before I know it we're kissing again.

And right when we pull apart we hear someone clear their throat.