Chapter 48

A month later, our album is out and we've had more meet and greets than ever before.

And every time it seems to be better and better.

At least one person gives us art every single time, and we now have a wall covered in the framed pieces.

So whenever I honestly feel like giving up or am mad about some tabloid crap, I go in there and just look at the wall.

We also have multiple huge boxes filled with letters we've gotten.

At some point, Matthew got us a PO box and put it on our website and our social media platforms. So, now anyone can send us things if they want to.

I'm working on a new song in the studio when the boys come running in.

"Uh, what's up your four?" I ask as I put my notebook down.

"Shawn just got here with another box of letters!" Jacob exclaims.

I smile and get up, "Well let's go check it out then!"

We all head out of the room and once we're in the living room, I can see two huge boxes filled with items.

"I have no idea what's in there but those are insanely heavy," Shawn says before falling on the couch.

We laugh and I thank him before going through one of the boxes.

It's pretty much just letters and artwork, but it's all amazing.

While I'm reading a letter from a girl, I start to hear an interesting sound beside me.

When I look over to the boys with the other box, I see Michael holding a weird robot dog thing that's barking.

"Okay...That's different..." Will points out.

"No kidding," Noah says before taking it from him and turning it off.

I smile and put the letter down, "You know I kind of wish that was a real dog. I had one when I was growing up and I definitely miss it."

"Hold on are you saying you want a dog?" Jacob asks.

I shrug, "I don't know. I just love them."

There's a weird silence for a moment but eventually, it fades and we go back to the boxes.

***

It's a couple of weeks later and I'm trying to sleep in when I hear my door open.

I expect to see maybe Jacob or Kimber standing in the doorway when I open my eyes. But I don't.

The door is barely open but soon enough it's pushed open all the way by something I can't see.

Which is kind of terrifying.

I start to sit up but then I feel a weight on my legs.

Which causes me to freak out immensely.

But right when I look down at my legs I stop.

Because standing on them is a puppy sniffing every inch of my blanket.

"Oh my god oh my god oh my god!"

I sit straight up and take a closer look at the little animal and it starts to walk closer to my face.

"Oh my goodness, hello little one!" I say with a smile as I take it into my arms and start petting it.

It is so fluffy!

And while I'm talking to it in my insane baby voice or whatever you like to call it, Jacob comes in with a smile on his face.

"Meet Daisie, Luna."

"Aw hello, Daisie. You're beautiful..."

I can tell she's a husky because of the signature black and white coat and the bright blue eyes.

"How old is she?" I ask Jacob as he sits down by my legs.

"Ten weeks, she has all her shots that are needed for now, and she's been spayed. I was thinking today we could go to the pet store and get her some things."

I smile and give him a quick kiss, "Definitely."

We play with her in my bed for a little while longer but then we decide to let her meet the others.

We do the same thing that Jacob did to me. We crack open the door, throw a treat in, and then put her down. Every time she runs in causing the door to swing open.

And every time the boys start off confused but then they are super excited to see her.

A couple of hours later we're pulling into the parking lot of the pet store and I walk in with her on the other end of the leash Jacob got from the shelter he got her from.

The workers told him that they had taken in the mother and she was pregnant when they did. And Daisie was the last puppy of the pretty large litter.

We pretty much everything you can think of. Cleaning, grooming, training, health things, we got all the things. Includng a black collar with white music notes scattered all over it and a matching leash. She also picked out some toys herself and the boys bought more treats than I care to admit.

We also got a bed, crate, and things that she'll need in the car whenever we take her on drives with us.

Anyways, after over an hour we finally checked out and we headed back to the house.

I spent the rest of the day with her, and by the end of the day she was sleeping in my bed right beside me.

She sort of became our mascot for the band. The team was happy to meet her and so was Julz.

With her around the house, everything was better. I swear if someone was having a sucky day she knows and she finds them and won't leave them alone until she knows they're happy again.

She's an amazing animal, and I love her for it.

As time goes on and on I realize I am as happy as I think I'll ever get.

I mean I'm in a successful band with amazing bandmates, those bandmates are my closest friends and so are the people I work with. I have a loving boyfriend who I love just as much. A supportive sister. And to top it all off I have the sweetest puppy.

It couldn't get better than this.