Chapter 21

It's a few days later and I'm just reading a book that Will let me borrow out back when my phone starts going crazy.

I look at the number and it doesn't have a name and against my usual judgment I picked up the phone and answered.

"Hello?"

"Is this Ms. Luna Bell?" the person on the other end asked.

"Yes, it is. May I ask who this is?"

"I'm Marie Skylar, one of Mr. Lacewood's assistants. We were never formally introduced but I joined him when you met a few days ago."

I think about the meeting and remember the one woman who came in with Maxwell. I remember her being on the younger side, probably around my age and she had dirty blonde hair and blue-green eyes.

"Oh yeah, I remember now. What can I help you with?"

"Mr. Lacewood would like to meet with you on Saturday at noon."

"Uhm okay. I guess I'll be there then."

We say our goodbyes and I hang up and look at my phone confusedly before just putting it down and going back to the book.

***

It's the next day and I have just gotten out of my car in the Lacewood Records parking lot.

When I walk in I'm immediately met by Marie waiting for me.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Bell. Come with me," she says before starting to walk away.

"Okay..."

I follow her and she leads me into an office with a plaque on the door reading 'Maxwell Lacewood's Office'.

"Welcome Luna, please sit," he says as he holds his hand out to the chair in front of his desk.

I sit down and I just smile, "What can I do for you, sir?"

"I would like to offer you a solo deal," he says not even hesitating.

I tense up, "What?"

"I want to sign you in my record label, through a solo contract."

"Uhm, okay...But may I ask why? I mean I just joined The Howling Wolves."

He smirks, "Because you have a born, natural talent, unlike anyone I've seen before."

I get lost in my thoughts for a moment but then look back in his eyes, "Can I, uh, Can I have a couple of days to think about it?"

He sighs and slightly nods, "Of course. When you've made your decision you may call Marie."

I nod and just get up from the seat and without even waiting for the blonde assistant I walk out.

As I'm walking through the ever-lasting halls, I take a turn and then immediately run into someone.

"Watch when you'r- Oh it's you."

I look at the person I ran into and quickly wish I wasn't here. Standing right in front of me was Cole, also known as the biggest jerk on the planet.

"Get out of my way," I say as I go to pass him.

But instead, he blocks me, "What are you doing here?"

"None of your business."

He looks me in the eyes for a moment and then he breaks into a smirk, "You got a solo offer didn't you?"

I tense up and glare back at him, "How did you know that?"

"I didn't, but I had a good guess. Do the boys know you're even here?"

I just scoff, "I don't need to answer you."

And with that, I push past him and walk out of the building.

Once I get back to the house I head into the kitchen to get something to eat when Jacob comes in from the backdoor.

"Hey Luna where'd you go?" he asks as he grabs a water bottle from the fridge.

"Oh I was just helping Julz at the cafe for a little while," I said hoping he believed me.

"Cool, Kimber's here which I'm sure you know already if you saw her car, we're all out back and messing around in the pool. You're invited to join if you'd like," he says with the bright smile I have seen more and more since I moved in.

I smile back, "Give me twenty minutes and I'll be out there."

He nods and heads out with the bottle and some towels and I quickly eat the food I was making during the conversation before heading up to my room to change.

I took my makeup off since I didn't want it to run all over my face and I changed into my swimsuit before heading out back with a towel and water bottle in my hands.

"Hey, Luna!" Kimber exclaims with a smile.

"Hey," I say as I put the things in my hands down and start putting my hair into a ponytail.

"Are you coming in?" Noah asks.

I nod and start walking to the stairs when I'm pushed in.

As I come up I see everyone laughing and I look at Jacob who isn't in the pool.

"Jerk," I say as I pull him in.

He comes up and looks at me with a fake offended expression, "I'm the jerk?! You pulled me in!"

"After you pushed me in!" I exclaimed.

"Mom and Dad are fighting again," I hear Noah laugh.

"Nah, Kimber and Shawn are Mom and Dad, I don't know what those two are," Will replies.

I swim over to them and before they know what's happening, I'm dunking them underwater.

Michael just laughs the entire time, "You guys are acting like children."

I roll my eyes and dunk him under before swimming over to Kimber.

"LUNA! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!"

I smirk, "Why not?"

He just growls under his breath and rolls his eyes and I laugh with Kimber.

"I still don't understand how you guys are related sometimes."

Kimber laughs and smiles, "Trust me, I can't either."

"You know Will was kind of on to something, you and Shawn do argue like a married couple," I say with a smirk.

She rolls her eyes, "I've been dealing with him for over a decade, that's just how we argue at this point."

I nod, "Still, you guys would be cute."

She splashes me and I just laugh and splash her back.

And for the rest of the day we hang out in the pool and I am also able to keep the offer a secret.