| 1 |

the awakening part 1 & 2 

I was riding my motorcycle down the nightly lit street of Manhattan, wearing grey skinny jeans, black combat boots, a red tank top, and a jean jacket with a hoodie, with my long light brown hair in the helmet that I am currently wearing, it was ni...

I was riding my motorcycle down the nightly lit street of Manhattan, wearing grey skinny jeans, black combat boots, a red tank top, and a jean jacket with a hoodie, with my long light brown hair in the helmet that I am currently wearing, it was nighttime and I was patrolling part of the city, then I get a reading from the radio that I built into the helmet that all units were to head to Xanatos tower. I was getting close when explosions were on the top of the tower.

Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself, my name is Diana Roberts. So, here is me making my life story short, I never knew my parents, I use to live with a family that calls me their own, but now I live on my own, I work at the NYPD station as the youngest detective, so I can have the money to survive, and lastly, there is a unit that I call that handles tough cases, that consists of, me, and a few others that I will mention later on.

So back to the topic at hand, I am in front of the right now I am in front of Xanatos' building with the NYPD cars around the building. I park my bike, take off my helmet, and put my hair in a ponytail and walk forward to Morgan, another police officer. "Detective Roberts, what's going on, Morgan?" I ask showing him my badge and putting it back in my jacket. "Beats me, that building is so high above the clouds you can't see the top."

I looked up and was about to say something, but was cut off by another explosion, and what made it worse was there were huge rocks and medium-sized boulders falling to where we were. Some citizens got out of the way in time for it to reach the street, but unfortunately for me, I was a little late and jumped out of the way when it crashed to the ground. I landed on my side and got up quickly to check if anyone was trapped under the rocks, thankfully no one was.

"Get back!!" I noticed there were people still looking at the scene, they ran thankfully.

The rock I was crouching down at so the rocks wouldn't hit me, I was about to go help with the other officers, but as I was getting up, I looked at the bolder and my blue eyes were locked with massive claw marks in the stone. I studied it for a few more seconds and looked up at the building. Then another explosion occurred. My eyes widened and ran to get away from where the debris which was coming down. While the debris was falling, a big chunk fall on a fire hydrant and water was everywhere, and it made it look like it was raining.

I took another look at the building, then back at the claw marks. And something got me thinking out loud, "What could be strong enough to cut through solid stone?"

Thankfully, the explosions died down after a little while and started to clean the place up a bit. I was interrupted from my train of thought when Officer Morgan asked me something.

"What do you think that was all about detective?" Morgan asks me, I turn to him and back at the top of the tower.

"I don't know, but I'm going to find out," I say as I looked at the tower, wondering what all that commotion was about. Before I did, I made sure that my bike was in a secure spot and made my way to the building.

And when I stepped foot into the building, my fate was sealed. What I would witness tonight will change the course of my life.

Forever