| 8 |

reawakening

reawakening

"I seriously hate this weather

"I seriously hate this weather."

"Come on Diana, what do you expect? It's New York."

"Yeah? Well, I should be vacationing in the Bahamas, there's the bright hot sun, nice beaches, and did I mention the sun?" I say rubbing my hands over my arms trying to keep warm.

Currently, Alex and I are going to do our shift, which was in about 10-15 minutes and we entered the station, I'm currently wearing my blue jeans, a long sleeve shirt, a hoodie, a snow jacket, leather gloves, a scarf around my neck, a beanie, and my snow boots. As you can tell, I hate cold, and winter every single goddamn year.

"Look, I understand you hate this time of year but would to kill ya to keep it on the down low?" Alex says, and in response, I give him a playful glare.

"Maybe"

He looks at me and rolls his eyes and laughs a little. As we enter a closet that connects to the clock tower, Alex pulls down the step ladder and we started to climb up. From my point of view, Hudson and Bronx were watching something on the television that Alex and I donated to the tower, the trio was on their way out in this godforsaken weather, and Goliath was up near the clock watching the snow fall.

"Hi Diana, Alex."

"Bye Diana, Alex."

And they were off. I actually got chills from the cold air.

"Jeez, it's freezing out there."

"You said that three times already," Alex says I look at him with an annoyed look.

"That's because it's true. How are you guys not cold?" And I wanted to know, how are Gargoyles not cold in this weather.

"Cold does not bother us," Goliath says. Alex beside me lightly chuckles.

"He made a Frozen reference." I elbowed him in the side and his laughs turned into coughs and turned my attention to Goliath.