| 2 |

the awakening part 3

Once I was in the building, a man with blonde hair, a suit, and glasses appeared he introduced himself as Mr

Once I was in the building, a man with blonde hair, a suit, and glasses appeared he introduced himself as Mr. Barnett and started explaining that there was a generator that exploded, and that's where I cut him off, "I'm sorry Mr. Burnett, but I heard automatic weapons firing up there, now if your no gonna have me look the place over, I will come back with a warrant and even more cops, you're call."

He gave me a smirk at my sly remark and lead me to the elevator that took us to the top.

The elevator soon reached the top and we stepped out of it, and when I looked at the inside of the place, it was like something from the Middle Ages.

'Man, this guy sure pays a lot during the winter, does he?' I thought out loud to myself, I was brought out of my thoughts when David Xanatos himself came out. "Detective Roberts, I have just called the mayor to offer my sincere apologies for what happened here tonight." For some odd reason, I didn't trust this guy one bit.

"What exactly happen here Mr. Xanatos, and you can try and cover it up but I know it wasn't an exploding generator." So, he started talking and I listened very thoroughly, when the words 'repelled an invasion' hit my ears I let out a gasp. "'Repelled an invasion' with no disrespect Mr. Xanatos, but the last I heard, you're a private citizen not a country." I tuned out what he said next, but I just need to know what happened.

When we got outside of the building, there was rubble everywhere, and dust from recently fallen rocks. "I assume that you had permits for the weapons that were fired up here?" I asked while looking around for nothing in particular. And I heard him say, 'of course'. I looked around some more, then I feel eyes staring at the back of my head, when I turn around there was nothing, I furrowed my eyebrows and went back to what I was doing.

I kept looking when that Barnett came out to tell Mr. Xanatos something about some sort of commotion that was happening in the kitchen.