Teenager Of The Year

I woke up early Friday morning wrapped up in Sam's arms as he held me against his chest

I woke up early Friday morning wrapped up in Sam's arms as he held me against his chest. Memories of the night before flooding back to me, making me smile to myself. I looked up at Sam, peacefully sleeping, I didn't want to wake him but the sound of the alarm blaring from his clock radio destroyed that plan. He reached over me without a word and shut it off, falling back onto his bed with a loud groan.

We had been awake well into the night, creating posters and coming up with cool cheers that would encourage our team to do their best and I was extremely pleased with our efforts.

"I like waking up with you pretty girl" Sam said to me, his voice coming out somewhat husky. He kissed my forehead as I snuggle into him.

"I like waking up with you too, although I could have done without the snoring" I tease him, placing kisses on his chest.

"I don't snore" He laughs, tickling me along my rib cage to make me squirm.

"Well not as loudly as Bridget does" I tell him, laughing hard

"No one snores as loud as Bridget does, I've heard freight trains make less noise." We both break out into hysterics, poor Amber, I may have to buy her some ear plugs.

I got out of bed and made my way over to my bag, fishing out my clothing that I planned to wear that day and headed towards the bathroom to change. When I re-entered the bedroom Sam was up and had made the bed and gotten changed into his green board shorts and white t-shirt.

"Breakfast?" He asked me, I nodded and he takes hold of my hand and leads me downstairs into the kitchen, "We have some cereal or there's bread so you could make toast but we only have possum's arse to spread on it" He informs me

"Possum's arse?" I question him, confusion spread across my face, he opens a cupboard and pulls out a jar of Vegemite, placing it down in front of me.

"Nasty shit that is but Dad loves it" Sam says as I place two pieces of bread into the toaster, he fills the kettle with water and grabs us two mugs.

"Morning Sammy" Doctor Lion's calls from the dinning room, Sam's father has an accent that is English mixed with his native Australian accent I noticed. He enters the room and smiles brightly when he sees me.

"Bridget?" He says unsure, Dr Lion's often got Bridget and I confused, which isn't hard considering we do look very similar with our shoulder length blonde hair and blue eyes, it's only that I'm taller and curvier than she is.

"Veronica" I correct him, "How are you Dr Lions?"

"I'm really good, just got in about an hour ago, busy night last night but I wont bore you with the details" He places his empty mug and plate into the dishwasher and says goodbye before he retreats upstairs to his room for some much needed sleep.

"I think he may be seeing some bird" Sam comments once he knows his Father is out of earshot.

"Really? Has he said something?" I ask, I knew Sam and his Dad talked about almost everything so it surprised me to think that Dr Lions would hide something from Sam.