To The Moon and Back

"So, let me get this straight, while I'm enjoying watching a, real, game of rugby with your Dad tonight, you will be spoon fed bullshit from some fortune teller who is charging you $20" To say Sam wasn't exactly on board with us seeing a psychic would be an understatement, he had made his thoughts on the matter very much known since I had told him of my plans, throwing around words such as hocus pocus, gimmick, scammer and now fortune teller. 

I must admit, I too am a skeptic when it comes to anyone trying to tell me they know what my future brings but when I ran the idea of going with Kate past Bridget she more than jumped at it, I think she was looking for answers of what the future holds and would take them from anyone at this point. We were lying on my bed, waiting for Kate to arrive so Bridget and I could leave, the rugby game wasn't due to start until 7 so Dad and Sam had made plans to grab dinner before the game.

"I'm doing this for Bridget remember, you saw how excited she got when I told her we were going to see this lady tonight, apparently one of the girls in Bridget class went to see her last week and raved about how spot on she was so now Bridget thinks she will have all the answers"

"When in reality this chick will probably just sell her false hope" Sam grumbled as his fingers drew circles on my stomach.

"I'm starting to think you're just scared that she may tell me things about you, about how you'll become rich and famous and dump me for some actress with big boobs and a small brain" I laugh, attempting to lighten the mood.

"It took me 2 years to finally make you mine, you think I'd throw it all away for some bimbo?"

He leans down and kisses my lips so softly, leaving me wanting more.

"Roni, Kate's here" Bridget bellows down the hall, ending our moment together. we make my way out to the living room to see both Kate and Alex standing there.

"Oh don't tell me she roped you into this too?" Sam laughs at Alex.

"Not a chance, she said you and Roni's Dad were going to see the game tonight and I was wondering if I could tag along?" Alex explains

"Of course you can" Dad yells out from the dinning room where he's reading today's newspaper, he comes into the living room to see us off.

"Come on, let's get going" Bridget urges Kate and I as we say goodbye to our boys, Bridget and I kiss Dad on the cheek and then head on out the door to Kate's VW Bug. 

                                                                                       ~~~

Our psychic lives in a pretty affluent area within Claremont, which tells me she's not doing too bad for herself doing this gig making me think that I too could use my knowledge of the future and earn myself some serious cash.

"She's usually booked out so far in advance but when I called her to see if I could go on the waiting list she said she could fit me in tonight and told me to bring my friend" Kate remarked as we made our way to the front door. Even though it was still very light outside the woman had still turned her porch light on for us.

"Should we knock or do you think she just knows when we were here anyway?" I joked as Bridget rang the door bell and rolled her eyes at me.

"Shut up non-believer, stop trying to get your negative energy all over my shinny aura" Bridget chastised me, Kate and I exchanged looks and tried to muffle our laughter as the door swung open, revealing a young woman, probably in her mid 20's, dressed in track pants and a sweater, her brunette hair pulled back into a messy bun that sat high on her head, not exactly what I had in mind of what a psychic would look like at all.