1

*Kageyama's POV, Present Time*

If only I'd stopped and listened. If only I'd seen the signs. Why.. why did he do it? 

My tears wouldn't stop flowing. I was heartbroken, confused, angry. Why didn't he tell me anything?! The hurt I felt this time was different. It wasn't the usual annoyed feeling I got whenever he made those stupid comments. This was tearing me apart, piece by piece.

Sky was nowhere to be seen until I felt her presence next to me. We were at the porch of the Hinata residence. I couldn't cry in there, not with everyone inside.

"I'm sorry.." she mumbled. "I'm sorry for not being able to talk him out of it. For not saving him."

I couldn't take it anymore. Her apologizing was not what I wanted to hear from her right now. My body gave in and I buried my face in her shoulder. I couldn't let anyone see me like this. Not now, not ever.

"I'm sorry too..."

***

*Third-person POV, one year ago*

"Hinata?"

"My parents are divorced. The arguments won't stop."

"Why tell me now?" Anger bubbled inside of him. "How long has this been going on?"

"It's been going on for almost my whole year ever since I was in middle school." Hinata rubbed his eyes, looking as if he wanted to take a very long nap. "They divorced when I started middle school and the arguments have been going on and on after that."

Kageyama looked at his best friend. "What are you gonna do about it?"

Hinata shrugged. "High school's about to start. And I still want to play volleyball so... Focus on that I guess?"

I can't tell him that they're fighting because of me... It's my fault that they're divorced in the first place. Hinata's thoughts were in a dangerous spot. Anything could make him throw himself off the cliff. The only person stopping him was Kageyama Tobio, his childhood friend.

Kageyama Tobio had been friends with Hinata since childhood. They went to the same school and lived in the same neighbourhood. They also have the same passion for volleyball and had always dreamed of playing at nationals with the strongest team.

And with him, Hinata felt like he could always tell him everything.

"How's your condition coming along?"

"It's getting there." Liar. "I think one more visit to the therapist will help. After that I should be cleared." That's not true. "Why?" You know it's not true. You're not getting better, you're getting worse. Worse than before.

"Nothing.. I'm just worried for you." Kageyama smiled genuinely. "After we go to high school, wanna join the volleyball club together?"

Hinata nodded and put on his best smile, one that he's practiced to perfect it. "But which high school?"

They were both thinking the same thing.

"Karasuno."

***

A/N: First chapter's out!! Hehe, I wrote this at midnight. Updates will be every Monday by the way, so I'll squeeze in every ounce of free time I have to update y'all. Send love uwu

~thinkteen