10

*Hinata's pov*

"I'm heading off..."

Grabbing my bag, I wore my shoes and shut the front door before my mother could stop me. I'm not risking my life again trying to reconcile with my father.

But before I could so much as take one step away from my house, the familiar sense of fear crept up my spine.

"Hinata!"

He... He's here?! Already?! Not daring to look back, I quickly jogged away, towards Kageyama's. Not long after, I heard his footsteps.

"BASTARD OF A SON COME BACK HERE."

I picked up my pace, now at running speed.

"YOU SON OF A BITCH, STOP!!"

Out of fear and the adrenaline pumping through, I sprinted past Kageyama's place and headed for the second place that was safe.

It was a weekend, and fortunately, there was practice that day. I ran, not looking back and quickly entered the school. I ran past the classrooms and went straight to the gym.

He's not going to get me. He can't. He won't. SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!

Slamming the gym door open, I entered and hid behind the first person I saw.

"H-Hinata?!" Kageyama's soft voice calmed me down a little until I heard that voice again.

"BASTARD WHERE ARE YOU?!"

I felt Kageyama stiffen and the rest of the team gathered around the both of us, concealing me.

"Your dad...?" He whispered, glancing at me cautiously. I nodded and could only stay hidden behind him, afraid. Go away... Go away..!! Please... Leave me alone!!

I shut my eyes and grabbed onto Kageyama's shirt tightly as I heard his footsteps.

"Are you looking for someone sir?" Coach Ukai's voice filled the gym.

"My son. Have you seen him?"

"Sorry sir, no we haven't."

"I CLEARLY--"

"He might have went to the library or his classroom for something. But outsiders aren't allowed in the school unless they have permission or a visitor's pass."

Silence followed, and I hated it. He wasn't going to leave the school compounds that easily. He's going to wait. He was going to wait outside the school until practice ended. I heard his footsteps fade and I immediately fell to my knees.

"Hinata!" Kageyama held me in place to prevent me from hitting the hard floor. "Oi... Are you okay..?"

I nodded, unable to speak. I couldn't form any words out of my throat. I was frozen in fear.

"Hinata..." Yamaguchi's soft voice sounded from somewhere. "Is there... Something you're not telling us..?"

I could only stare at him with blurred vision. "That... Was my dad..."

He's a killer. A murderer. A criminal. He's the reason.. why everyone that I love is suffering.

***

I really hope this chapter made sense. I had to rush through it so I'm sorry if it's short. But don't worry, the story isn't ending just yet.

Xx,

thinkteen