Epilogue

*Two years later, Kageyama, 3rd year high school*
(A/N: please ignore my bad sense of timeline and my inconsistant character appearance)

I stood in front of him, his face as bright and cheerful as he always was. It made me smile too.

It was the death anniversary of Hinata Shoyo, my childhood best friend. We had only spent one year together in Karasuno High School, having gone to the Inter-High tournament and the annual Spring tournament. I smiled at what little memories we had with each other during official matches.  

It had been 2 years since then. 2 years since I last saw him. 2 years... Since everything that happened

I closed my eyes as I placed a hand on the door and pictured the court with Hinata in it, flashing his biggest smile after winning the team a point.

And I went back to yesterday's practice match, remembering everyone hitting my tosses.

Everyone except Hinata.

There was even a first-year that spiked just like him. He reminded me of Hinata a few times and he'll always be a reminder not just to us third-years, but our alumnis too.

A reminder that he is no longer with us.

I sat on the bench and felt a tear slide down my cheek as I let those memories flood my mind.

"I wish you had been hitting my tosses. Even if there are other spikers who could spike like you, it still wouldn't be the same. I'm not as invincible as I once was when you were there. My life has never been more dull than it is now. Nothing is the same without you."

I miss you, Hinata...

***

A/N:

*cues Someone You Loved by Lewis Capaldi*

Haha, hihi :D

I know this chapter is short but I don't want to drag this story any longer than I have to. I mean, if you guys want a next part or like, a short story or something, please feel free to comment down below. I don't know if it will reach the amount of viewers that I want it to reach..

ANYWAY

Thank you all for reading this far. I'm glad to have written this book (after getting nagged at by my brain for 4 days straight) and I'm glad to have gone through this journey with you guys. So for more serotonin boost, continue supporting the anime and of course, the brilliant voice actors for the amazing voice acting as well as the creator of Haikyuu!! :))

I'm gonna continue reading the manga and I shall continue enjoying the anime with the Haikyuu!! fandom. Sending love to you guys all over the world! <3

Stay safe, stay home and stay masked.

Xx,

thinkteen

p.s. : I do have 3 more Haikyuu fanfic or well, au, ideas. Look forward to it ;)
(Major warning, they may or may not contain angst HAHAHA)

And I have an Ao3 account now! I'll make sure to add the website into my bio. :D <3