16

A/N: Hi :) *MINOR TRIGGER WARNING*

Kageyama p.o.v

"Kageyama!" I turned to Sugawara's voice at the club room the next day. "Have you checked up on Hinata today?"

I nodded. "He should be coming today. He's running late because of his class."

"Oh? I thought he did well for his mock tests?"

"He did... But he isn't exactly into science," I paused, thinking back to his test results. "Or Math."

"Ah, so Shoyo has extra classes too?" Tanaka interrupted, changing out of his uniform. "Pretty sure he did better than you though, Kageyama." He chuckled.

Well, that hit close to home. It was true though. Despite his circumstances, he did better than me in his studies. However, he seemed to have lost interest in doing so for a while now, even before this semester.

I sighed, rubbing the back of my neck. "He's... Been avoiding me lately.. Ever since that week when he was absent, he hasn't spoken to me at all."

Sugawara seemed to nod at this. "He has been kind of cold towards-"

Before he could finish, he was interrupted by someone else.

"Sorry I'm late! Had to hand in the test I didn't do last week..." That loud yet familiar voice filled the air. "....I'm not too late, am I?"

"Shoyo!! Glad you made it out of there alive!" Nishinoya greeted him with his usual enthuasiasm. "How did the test go?"

He shrugged. "Normal, I guess... It was kind of difficult.... To say the least."

I eyed him. He is okay, right? There were eye bags underneath his eyes and he looked like he hadn't slept in days.

Hinata locked eyes with me and he rolled his eyes away. "I'm heading to the bathroom first. I'll see you guys at the gym."

We nodded and he left the room, not bothering to shut the door. What was he planning?

***

"Left!!"

I watched the ball fly towards me and I tossed. "Tanaka-san!"

The ball hit his hand and the loud boom that came with it filled the air.

"YEAAAHH!!"

The practice match ended between the two teams, 25 to 21. I wiped my forehead, and gave Tanaka a high five.

As everyone else were celebrating, my attention went to Hinata who had walked away from the court.

Is he okay? Does he want to talk?

Yachi seemed to beat me to it as she approached him. I exhaled a loud frustrating sigh. He didn't want to talk to me, it's fine but ignoring me wasn't.

Time flew by pretty quickly as we played another match. Once we ended, we locked up and left the school compounds.

"Kageyama, go talk to him," Nishinoya whispered, pointing it out and pushing me towards him. "Just go-"