Chapter 13: Jason

As the weeks past by, Defence Against the Dark Arts was slowly becoming everyone's favorite class. Not only did Lupin not disappoint with his future lessons, but he was very hands on and honestly, a good teacher.

Of course, with that class being so good, others just had to disappoint. Potions for one was worse than it had been in the past. On top of that, Divination classes seemed to last for days.

Finally as September rolled into October, my favorite time of the day came back. "First Quidditch practice is today," I told Zagan as we walked to said practice. He seemed just as pumped as I did. It was nice to have this to look forward to.

Oliver Wood's last year was this year, and we were all determined to make it the best year. "This is our last chance -- my last chance -- to win the Quidditch Cup," he told us, striding up and down in front of us. "I'll be leaving at the end of this year. I'll never get another shot at it."

"Gryffindor hasn't won for seven years now. Okay, so we've had the worst luck in the world -- injuries -- then the tournament getting called off last year," Wood swallowed, as though the memory still brought a lump to his throat. "But we also know we've got the best-ruddy-team-in-the-school," he said, punching a fist into his other hand, the old manic glint back in his eye. "We've got three superb Chasers."

Wood pointed at Angelina Johnson, Katie Bell and I.

"We've got two unbeatable Beaters."

"Stop it, Oliver, you're embarrassing us," Fred and George said in unison.

"And we've got a Seeker who has never failed to win us a match!" Wood rumbled, glaring at Harry with a kind of furious pride. "And me," he added as an afterthought.

"You're great too," Zagan called. Wood smiled at him.

"Let's go practice then."

And practice we did. Practices slowly became more regular, and I left every one feeling more refreshed than the last.

One night we all entered the common room after practice to find a very happy common room. I made my way over to Leo, Nico, and Bianca. "What's all the excitement about?"

"Our first Hogsmeade trip is on Halloween," Leo said with a grin.

I grinned at that too and thought of all the fun we would have. Maybe I could take Piper on a semi date. That would be fun. I just couldn't wait to see more of the wizarding world. Find out what made it so special to save.

Then I looked over at Harry and was washed in guilt. He wouldn't be going. Neither would Victoria, though I had a feeling Victoria had other reasons for not going. I plopped down to start my Astronomy homework. Leo slid his in front of mine for me to check when I was done.

No matter my feelings for Harry, I was excited to go to Hogsmeade. I couldn't let something not in my control bother me anyways. Especially something as small as not getting to go on a school trip.