Chapter 7: Victoria

Anything Underlined is Ancient Greek/Latin as specified.

The next morning I woke up after having the best sleep of the entire quest. Zagan was still asleep next to me, his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. The sun was just now coming up, so I didn't see any point in waking him up.

I crawled out of bed and was nearly at my trunk to change when I felt arms around my waist again, "It's way too early to be up, V. Come back to sleep."

I leaned back against him. "I'm not tired, I promise."

He turned me around and pressed his lips to mine before walking over to his trunk. I returned my attention back to getting changed. I decided to wear a gray t-shirt and black jeans, so I could easily change into robes.

I turned after changing to notice that Zagan was wearing something similar. "Wow, twins," I joked, crossing the room to hug him.

He chuckled a little, and the feel of his chest rising and falling as he did made me sigh in content. "I wish we could do this more often," I muttered.

"I know, how are you feeling?"

I thought it over and smiled, "Better than I have since my birthday honestly."

Zagan nodded before kissing my cheek and leaving the room with his stuff. I took a deep breath and waited a few more minutes before taking my trunk and heading downstairs too.

Everyone else was quickly eating. A few were arguing over packing and many other issues. I rolled my eyes and sat down next to Owen. "We still competing because I have a mighty fine History of Magic paper written?" I asked, smirking.

He looked over at me looking smug, "Just History of Magic. Pity, all of mine are mighty fine."

I rolled my eyes, "Your on."

"Crap, Derrick, bets are back on!" Bianca called up the stairs to her boyfriend. I grinned.

"You sided with me right?"

"Of course, but can I see that History of Magic essay? I honestly did one paragraph, and I don't think Binns will take that."

"Cheat off someone else, Bea," I said. She pouted and walked off to find her dad, who was actually amazing at History of Magic because Binns constantly gave him perfect scores for no reason.

Soon after, we were loaded into six different ministry cars. Mr. Weasley personally walked Harry and I over to one and inside before Ron and Hermione joined us. I raised an eyebrow at this. Something was definitely up.

The ride was boring. I was actually excited when we got to Kings Cross. Mr. Weasley tried to sidle up next to me and walk me in, but I dodged him and walked with Owen and Bianca. "Why is he being so protective?" Bianca asked.

"I'll explain later," I said as we all stood in between platforms 9 and 10. Harry and Mr. Weasley went in first. Owen and I followed him in soon after.

Once we all made it through the barrier, we found spots on the train. Unlike everyone else, who went back outside to meet with the Weasley's one last time, us demigods stayed aboard the train.

"Black's hunting Harry and I," I told everyone, "We've got to keep Harry safe. He can't get into any trouble alone this year."

"You can't either," My mom told me, raising an eyebrow at the way I was talking.

"Better me than Harry," I retorted.

"No! Harry's in a healthy state, you are not. You better not get into any trouble either," My dad said, putting his foot down.