Chapter 22: Zagan

Transfiguration was a highlight in my life as January spilled into February. One class in particular was stuck in my mind. McGonagall hadn't changed our seating since the beginning of the year which meant that Victoria and I were still right next to each other.

Today was just a lecture class, but that didn't mean I could zone out. No, lecture days were always tough. McGonagall never expected you to take notes, but if you did, the essay became a lot easier.

I sat down and greeted Victoria before the lesson began. She didn't look to be feeling all to well. "I've got about one more month of this, pass out whenever mess. I'll get through it," She muttered when I asked how she was feeling.

"Your grades are slipping."

"I'm still in second place," She retorted, pulling out a piece of parchment and titling it with what we were learning.

Five minutes into class, she passed out. I was glad she was next to me. Sure, she hadn't had a nightmare during one of these power naps as I called them, but that didn't mean it wouldn't happen.

I began slowly tapping her hand that was laying on her parchment as I continued writing notes. Professor McGonagall hadn't seemed to notice that Victoria was asleep which was good, she hadn't exactly fallen asleep in Transfiguration yet, and I didn't want to know how Professor McGonagall would react.

Victoria didn't wake up, even though I kept tapping her hand. It was kind of disturbing, but I couldn't do anything about it. McGonagall finished her lesson and told us all we had a twenty minute headstart on our essays.

She then walked over to Victoria and I. "Wake her up please. I can not tolerate her sleeping though my entire class." Professor McGonagall's stern look was not one I couldn't easily ignore.

I steeled myself for the chance of a flashback and shook her shoulder. She shot out of her seat and screamed before falling silent and almost falling backwards. I caught her and set her back in her seat. The entire class was watching now, but McGonagall stopped that with one look.

"Miss. Potter, I can not allow you to sleep in my class."

Victoria blushed, "I'm so sorry Professor."

"Your essay needs to be ten inches instead of eight. I have to punish you somehow and be glad this is how I'm doing it."

"Thank you Professor. I promise it won't happen again."

McGonagall walked away, and Victoria turned on me. "Really. Next time wake me up for gods sake."

I nodded, even though I had no intentions of doing that. Hopefully she wouldn't fall asleep in this class again. I didn't want to see what Professor McGonagall would do. I copied my notes and set them in Ancient Greek for Victoria before we parted way to our next classes.