Chapter 31: Victoria

Sirius Black. There were plenty of thoughts racing through my head as I looked head on at the man that had ruined Harry and therefore my life. He didn't look guilty. He didn't look sad. In all honesty he looked dead, but he deserved it.

The grin on his face was sickening. Yellow teeth were bared to everyone there. I wanted to strangle him. "Expelliarmus!" He croaked, using Ron's wand to take all the rest of our wands. I watched mine sail out of my hand and glared at the man who now had it.

He was trying to kill me. He was trying to kill Harry. But most importantly, he was trying to kill my family. I couldn't let that happen.

"I thought you'd come and help your friend," Sirius said hoarsely. It was obvious he didn't talk much, but that was fine with me. That just meant he probably didn't have any friends. "Your father would have done the same for me. Brave of you, not to run for a teacher. I'm grateful... it will make everything much easier...."

I glared. I was used to people using my fatal flaw against me. The fact that Sirius was trying to use Harry's loyalty against him stirred a fire inside me. So did the idea that this man could talk so openly about a man that he got killed.

Harry lunged forward, but Ron and Hermione stopped him. I nearly did the same, but my dad's hand rested on my shoulder, "Don't," He said, "He's not worth it."

I wanted to yell that he was, but Harry screamed, "HE KILLED MY MUM AND DAD!" before lunging at Black. I made a move to help him, but once again my dad was stronger. Of course he was. I still wasn't at full strength. I was so ready to be strong again. I would be able to help.

Ron and Hermoine joined Harry, and then Leo and Jason joined. I was glad Sirius would at least get a real beating. "Get out of the way!" Harry yelled. He now had his wand pointed at Black.

The others backed off, and Ron fell back on the four poster bed. It was obvious from the way he had fallen that his leg could take no more weight. It was broke. That definitely wouldn't be helpful in getting out of here.

Harry stood over Sirius doing absolutely nothing. It took every part of me to not fight my dad. They seemed to be in conversation which bothered me. I knocked my dads arm off my shoulder and went to stand next to Harry.

"I don't deny it," Sirius said very quietly. "But if you knew the whole story." I shot him a glare as Harry continued.

"The whole story?" Harry repeated. "You sold them to Voldemort. That's all I need to know."

"You've got to listen to me," Black said, and there was a note of urgency in his voice now. "You'll regret it if you don't.... You don't understand...."

"I understand a lot better than you think," Harry said, his voice shaking. "You never heard her, did you? My mum... trying to stop Voldemort killing me... and you did that... you did it...."

I did understand that feeling. I had heard my mother beg before, but she hadn't died. She was sitting a few feet away with Hermione. Harry's were off in the underworld because of this man.

Crookshanks jumped over and covered Sirius' heart. Harry never once lowered his wand. I didn't think the cat deserved to die, but if the cat was working for Black. Well then, there were plenty of charms that would remove the cat.

I wouldn't perform any of them though. Harry had the right to make the first move, but he never did. Instead the sound of footsteps echoing downstairs filled the room. "WE'RE UP HERE!" Hermione screamed suddenly. "WE'RE UP HERE -- SIRIUS BLACK - QUICK!"

The burst open, and I turned to see Lupin standing in the door way. He looked over the scene around him. First to Jason and Leo who were in silent conversation next to Ron who was laid out on the bed. Then his eyes traveled to my parents and brother who were all together on the other side of the bed. I noticed that I didn't see Zagan. I turned to look directly behind me and spotted him. I shot him a soft smile before turning back to Lupin.