CHAPTER 8: A Cracked Smile

Picture of Hikari is ateitherthe top or side,dependingon whether or notyou'reusing acomputerof mobile^^

Sorryit'sa short chapter but the next one will be up in about a week or two,I'mbusy with work andI'mhelping with the Remembrance Assembly this year soI'vegot my plate full at the moment.I also have a math test. Yippy... (Note major sarcasm...)

Hope you all understand.

。・ :* : ・゚ ' ★, 。・ :* : ・゚ ' ☆。・ :* : ・゚ ' ★, 。・ :* : ・゚ ' ☆。・ :* : ・゚ ' ★, 。・ :* : ・゚ ' ☆。・

Hikari's POV

'Yin-sensei is so cool!' I thought as she demonstrated the Body Flicker Technique and went from in front of us to the top of the tree behind us with an icy wind.

We had all just finished working with our ANBU instructors and we'll be heading home soon.

'I wonder...wereyou like Yin-sensei, or were you the opposite...?' I thought to myself as Yin-sensei made us all huddle in a clutter and transported us all back to the classroom with the Body Flicker Technique.

"Now that we're back, get home and remember to practice and do your homework." She said. "Okay sensei." We all chimed.

Everyone but me, Kimi, and Yin-sensei left and I walked over to her. "Um. Yin-sensei, I'm having trouble with throwing shuriken. Can you help me?" I ask.

"Sure thing, but I've got work with the Interrogation Force today." Yin-sensei then went into deep thought. "How about... Kimi help you?" She looked to the raven to scarlet haired girl. "Can you do that for me Kimi, I'm might not be home on time to make dinner so can you help Hikari train out back. I'll come to pick you up as soon as I'm done."

Kimi was quiet for a moment before nodding. "O-okay..." she stuttered out. Yin-sensei smiled and then turned to face me. "I'll bring you home too so don't leave on your own." She said and I agreed whiles jumping up and down like a kid high on sugar.

Yin-sensei then left and I and Kimi went to the training grounds behind the school. "Okay... um... f-fi-first ca-can you s-sh-show me h-ho-ow y-you throw the-them?" She stuttered.

"Okay!" I grinned and showed her how I throw them. I hit the tree. Again.

Kimi went over and pulled my shuriken out of the tree and walked over to me timidly. 'She'sso cute! Like a puppy!' I mentally gashed, my love for small animals guiding me.

She took my hand nervously and placed the shuriken back in my hand; she then positioned my fingers and pressed down on my fingers. "You're supposed to hold it like this and have a semi firm grip on it." She said.

"Oh! So I'm not supposed to hold it like a cookie, that's what I've been doing wrong!" I said out loud with an embarrassed blush. Kimi giggled softly.

"Yeah. Okay, and when you throw it's all in the wrist." She motioned her wrist to show me exactly what she meant. "Use your arm to shorten the distanced needed to throw and to give it momentum." She then motioned her arm in the way she meant.

"Combined and you can hit your target, point your finger at where you want to hit after you flick your wrist but before you release the shuriken." She took out a shuriken and showed me in slow motion what she meant. Then she did it for real and hit the bull's-eye.

We spent two hours on the training and I finally got the hang of it. Its sunset now and Yin-sensei arrived with an irritated look. She was mumbling something about an annoying pompous ass and something about putting oil on him in his sleep.

"Let's get you home first, Hikari, and then we can head home." Yin-sensei said. "Wait, Kimi, you live with Yin-sensei?" I asked astonished.

She nodded. "She's my guardian."

"That. Is. So...... COOL! You're so lucky!" I exclaimed and jumped up in the air.

Yin-sensei laughed and we walked back to my empty apartment. "Have a good night, Hikari." Yin-sensei said. "You too!" I smiled and closed the door once they were out of sight.

I walked into the empty apartment and went straight into my room, taking out the two tiny bows in my hair and kicking off my brown shoes and thigh high black socks. I dropped my deep blue backpack on the ground at the entrance. I crawled into the back corner and hugged my knees and buried my face into my knees.

Salty water dripped from my dark pink eyes and my body shook ever so slightly. My wavy pink hair draped around me like a gentle curtain. "When will you come home... mother...?"

".....don't leave me alone..... Please come back...."

。・ :* : ・゚ ' ★, 。・ :* : ・゚ ' ☆。・ :* : ・゚ ' ★, 。・ :* : ・゚ ' ☆。・ :* : ・゚ ' ★, 。・ :* : ・゚ ' ☆。・