Chapter 12: Secrets and Hope

OMG!! THE SECOND SEASON OF DURARARA!! FINALLY CAME OUT TODAY! I'VE BEEN WAITING FIVE YEARS AND IT FINALLY HAS A SECOND SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DURARARA!! 2 MEANS MORE DOLLARS, COMEDY, IKEBUKURO CRAZYNESS, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY...... MORE IZAYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

。・ :* : ・゚ ' ★, 。・ :* : ・゚ ' ☆。・ :* : ・゚ ' ★, 。・ :* : ・゚ ' ☆。・ :* : ・゚ ' ★, 。・ :* : ・゚ ' ☆。・

Yin’s POV

Team Ten and Kakashi left to go after the two Akatsuki that killed Asuma. Team 7 left to act as their back-up.

I am currently walking with my team after our mission. “Did you guys like your first C-Ranked mission?” I asked as we decided to rest up in a forest area.

“I sure am! I can’t believe I got to show off my new techniques!” Hikari cheered, jumping up and down on the rock her and Hiroshi were sitting on. “Quit jumping already, you hyper flamingo.” Hiroshi grumbled, earning a death glare from the hyperactive girl.

“Oh boy…” Chidori said with a nervous look and a twitching mouth.

The two began another argument. Kimi tried to settle them down, failing as they ignored her. Midori and Chidori went back to eating their sandwiches.

Umi pulled on my kimono sleeve. “Why did you put them in the same division again?” she asked in a quiet voice. I patter her head and looked to the sky. “The way they act… reminds me of my old team, minus the violet female.” I answered as a hawk flew by.

“Huh?” Umi uttered but just went back to eating.

I wonder how much help my information on Kakuzu was for Shikamaru… But then again, he sounds like he hasn’t changed a bit from when he was a little brat; still a money grubber.’ I thought as I remembered back to my time visiting Takigakure, the Village Hidden by a Waterfall.

A blast was heard from about a kilometer away and I stood up from the log I was seated on. “Let’s move, get ready for a dash to the Land of Waves.” I ordered.

“Why?” Hikari asked.

Hiroshi bonked her on the head with a loose fist. “Idiot, you want to get caught up in a fight outside the mission?” He lectured.

“Actually, that’s Shika’s team, most likely their fight against Kakuzu and his partner is under way, and I didn’t think their battle would be this intense— for us to be able to hear it from here…” I mumbled the last part to myself.

I looked up at my six-person team. “Let’s go, try to keep up. We’re going to have to give Team Ten a hand.” I said and they nodded before we all dashed at top speed.

No One’s POV

Just as Kakashi, Ino and Chōji were about to be blasted by Kakuzu’s combination of wind and fire, Team Seven charged in.

Fuuton, Rasengan!” Naruto shouted.

Suiton, Hahonryuu!” Yamato named out.

Gufuu Suika no Jutsu!” the combined wind and water style Jutsus neutralized the fire and wind style jutsu and the area became clouded with a thin layer of steam.

“Sorry we’re late.” Naruto said as he, Yamato, Sakura, and Sai stood in a line in front of Kakashi and Team Ten.

Kakashi let out a breath of relief. “….Perfect timing…”

“Backup… We’re saved…” Chōji breathed out.

“Sakura! Sai-san! And Naruto, too!” Ino said out in joy and relief.