Prologue: Got The Job

~ 1 Month Ago ~

"Thank you so much sir! I appreciate it!" I thanked the principal of the local high school that I had gone to when I was a teenager along with my friends. My friends currently worked at the school as teachers. I just got out of a new staff meeting. A couple of teachers had retired from teaching, so they were in dire need of new teachers. Luckily, I just finished my teaching classes, so when the job hunt came out my friends told me about it and I immediately applied for a job at the school.

I just met with the principal and he gladly gave me a position, but since the staffing is so short handed at the moment he had each of the staff take on three subjects. I decided to teach art, music, and economics. Economics isn't my most favorite subject, but it's better than most of the other subjects, so I went with that.

I'm supposed to start in a month from now since it's still the summer break. I'm nervous and yet excited at the same time. My friends who worked there said that the students are all nice and were welcoming of them, so they'll do the same for me as well. I surely hope so. I'm young, so they might not fully respect me, but hopefully I can make a good impression on them.

I walked towards my group of friends who are all talking among one another. We had decided to all go out to celebrate if I had gotten the position and I did. The eldest of the group, Kim Seokjin, said that he would treat us all. He's going to regret that because I plan on eating a lot right now.

"So, how'd it go?" One of my friends, Min Yoongi, asked curiously as he and the others turned to me.

"Yeah, did you get the position?" Another one of my friends, Jung Hoseok, asked curiously as he peered at me with a bright smile.

"Well Jin hyung, looks like you're paying for an expensive meal today," I voiced as I glanced at Seokjin. He let out a heavy sigh, but nodded.

"So, I'm guessing that means that you got the position," he answered. I nodded in response. "Well, congratulations, but RIP my wallet."

"Haha, sorry man, but you promised," I stated with a laugh. He nodded again in understanding. "Well, let's go before all the crowds get there. I'm getting spicy pork today!"

"I'm getting beef with noodles," another one of my friends, Kim Taehyung, announced as he licked his lips hungrily.

"I'm going to get a platter of everything," another one of my friends, Kim Namjoon, said simply.

"Hey! Do you know how much those cost?! I agreed to pay, but don't make me go broke!" Seokjin protested as he glared playfully at Namjoon. Namjoon shrugged in response. We all laughed as we walked off down the street.

"So, guys, be honest with me. How bad or good are the students at this school?" I asked curiously and a bit worriedly. They stared at me before glancing at each other. Uh oh, now that makes me worried.

"Truth is that, since you're​ new and young, you may be the target as a love interest to many of the female students during your first week," Hoseok admitted with an awkward smile. A love interest to the female students huh? That's not good. Does that mean they won't take me seriously as a teacher? I hope that's not the case. I'm really not looking into having a scandalous relationship with a student.

"Oh, that's true. I remember my first day, I had a lot of girls come up to me and tell me that I was handsome," Seokjin claimed with a shrug, but a grin was plastered across his face.

"Yeah, I had some girls come up to me and ask me out. Of course, I had to turn them down because they're students and I'm their teacher," Yoongi spoke with a simple sigh.

"Some of the girls at this school aren't bad to look at either," another one of my friends, Park Jimin, commented jokingly as he sent me a wink. I rolled my eyes at that. Oh brother.

"Just on your first week, just be careful because they might try and seduce you," Namjoon said with a neutral expression. Well, great. I'm already not the best with girls. I really don't want them seducing me on my first day. Hopefully, the students that I get won't be too flirty.

"Right, they'll be wearing their skirts higher than normal, wear sexy stockings, show some cleavage, bend over a lot, etc. You know, the things girls do to flirt to try and turn a guy on," Jimin mentioned with a shrug. How can he shrug like that?! If the girls do that to me, how am I supposed to react to that?! "Don't worry too much. That probably won't happen." Probably?!

"Well, that's really reassuring...," I muttered with an exasperated sigh and a worried look. They all chuckle awkwardly.

"We'll help you out though, so try not to be too nervous," Seokjin insisted as he patted my shoulder, "Now, come on, let's just forget that we're teaching in a month and go get something to eat." We all nodded as we continued to walk down the sidewalk. I glanced behind me at the high school. I'll be working there in month or so. My friends told me about their first experiences and difficulties of being new and young. I hope my first day and week aren't as bad as they made it out to be. Taking a deep breath, I tried to let go of the uneasy feeling in thepit of my stomach as I followed my friends to the restaurant.

******************************************************************************************************************************************

Heyo everyone!

So, here is the prologue! I know it's short, but you will find that my prologues and epilogues will be a lot shorter than my regular chapters.

I hope you all liked it!

Please vote and comment if you enjoyed it. Feedback is always appreciated.