Chapter Thirteen: Heartbreak After Another

It had been a few days since Y/N finally told me what had happened to make her disappear for a whole week. I could finally relax knowing now the reason and she had seemingly gone back to her normal, cheery and outgoing self. She had been coming early to the classes and greeting me cheerfully like she had always done before. I felt relieved knowing that she was moving on from her grandmother's passing and was going back to normal. It also felt wonderful seeing her in class everyday once again. Yoongi was definitely right, I did miss her a lot. I definitely missed her presence.

However, it had still been a little awkward for both us at the remembrance of me touching and caressing her cheek. I mentally slapped myself for doing that, especially for doing something like that at school. I mean, I don't believe that she would turn me in for doing that, but after what happened with Sanghee, I couldn't afford to have more rumours going around about me touching students inappropriately again. What I did was reckless on my part. I should be more careful from now on.

This morning had gone by neither slow and neither fast. It went at a steady pace. The group of students who I had snapped at in a little while back hadn't spoken while in my class as they seemed to worried about if I was going to send them to the principal's office if they spoke out. That definitely made my job a lot easier.

By lunch time, I felt energetic as if I could do another class before lunch time. If only I could have had this much energy during the other days. The guys believe that it was because Y/N was coming to school again. I mean, I think that it was partly because of that, but like I also had a big cup of coffee this morning, so that might have done it too.

When the lunch break ended, I was excited to get back to the art room and start a new art project with her. We had started a rather big art project a few days ago and just finished yesterday, so now I figured we'd do a new one. I wasn't sure yet about what we were going to do yet, but perhaps I would ask her if she had some ideas.

I strolled towards the art room, carrying my bag in my hand and looking at my phone. I was scrolling through the pictures on my phone. I smiled remembering all the lovely photos I took from the art museum. It had been a while ago and I hadn't looked at the photos since that day, so I had completely forgotten the fact that I still had a picture taken with Y/N in it. I froze to the spot when I scrolled to that exact picture.

I knew that I shouldn't have it on my phone and I should have deleted it the same day that I had taken it, but... I found myself unable to press the delete button. I don't know or understand why. I sighed heavily as I turned my phone off and placed it away in my pocket. I turned the corner and looked down the hallway towards the art room.

I smiled seeing Y/N standing there. She was humming a sweet tune as she walked back and forth in front of the door. I stood by the corner, watching her with an amused grin on my face. She did a cute dance that made me bite my lip to keep myself from chuckling at her cuteness. I continued to watch her until she finally stopped humming and dancing and instead leaned against the wall. She puffed out her cheeks and sighed a bit. She looked bored.

I guess I shouldn't keep her waiting. Trying to hide my amused grin, I made my way towards her. When I reached her, her face was turned to the side. She was looking away from me, so I said the only thing that came to my mind at the time.

"Early as always Y/N," I stated teasingly. She quickly looked at me in surprise. I had startled her and her alarmed expression I found cute. I chuckled a bit at that as I unlocked the door and walked into the art room.

"Is it a bad thing that I come early to class Mr Jeon?" She asked with a confused, but also worried expression. I shook my head at that making her sigh in relief. "What do you have planned for us to do today Mr Jeon?"