Chapter Seven: Pride & Penitence

The next morning, I woke up feeling like I had a hangover. I didn't get much sleep last night. Y/N's words still remained in my mind throughout the night. For some reason, it truly bugged me to know that she was upset with me and disappointed in me. I'm hoping that I get a chance to talk to her today.

I trudged out of bed and down the stairs into the kitchen. I sat down with a bowl of cereal and opened my laptop. I went onto my email to see there were so many emails from the students, all of them saying how they feel so bad for what Sanghee did to me. I rolled my eyes and sighed and shut my laptop closed. I wasn't in the mood to read those emails nor was I in the mood to read flirty emails that were still being sent to me.

Once I was done my cereal, I stood up from my chair. Normally I would put my dishes in the sink, but I didn't have the energy to do that. I just felt so down in the dumps since yesterday. As much as I wanted to say it's all because of Y/N, I couldn't because I knew that it was my own fault. Still, her words still echoed in my head.

I had disappointed her, the one student who stood up for me and treated me with respect. I let her down.

While getting ready for work, I told myself that I was prepared to redeem myself and prove that I was the great teacher that she thought I was when she said it.

I drove to the school and parked in my parking spot before walking towards the school. I entered the school and started walking to the teacher's office, but was stopped by the principal tapping my shoulder. I turned around and glanced at him with a questioning look.

"Please come with me Mr Jeon," he instructed as he gestured for me to follow him. I nodded as I followed him to his office and sat down in the chair. He closed his office door and sat down in his own chair. He stared at me and remained silent. The room was filled with nothing but awkward silence.

"Is something the matter sir?" I asked curiously and confused as I crossed one of my legs over the other.

"Yes, I'd like to discuss about yesterday," he answered with a serious expression. I feel my heart stop at that. Oh no, I hope it didn't get out that yesterday we were bullying a student, even if that student was Sarah. I bit my lip nervously, hoping that it wasn't that that he wanted to discuss with me. Then again, if that was what he wanted to discuss then Benjamin would be here too. I feel my nervousness begin to ease.

"Sir?" I asked questioningly as I tilted my head in confusion. He simply smiled at me.

"I talked to Mr Min yesterday regarding the situation with Ms Lee and he has reassured me that you are innocent, so with both Mr Min and Ms Choi's statements, you are hereby exonerated from all those rumours and accusations that have been made against you," he announced, his smile remaining on his lips. I let out a sigh of relief at that because I was glad that I could put that situation behind me, but also because he didn't mention the bullying against Sarah that happened yesterday afternoon.

"Ah, thank you sir. I'm really relieved at that," I replied with a grateful smile. He smiled back at me.

"Yes, I am too. I was not looking forward to firing you," he stated with a relieved sigh as well. I chuckled at that and nodded in agreement. "That is all I wanted to tell you. Ms Lee has been excused from your classes today as she will be meeting with me along with her parents today." I nodded in understanding to that. "Right, you are free to head to your first class now."

"Alright, thank you again sir," I thanked him as I stood up and bowed before leaving his office. I walked down the hallway and towards the teacher's office. As I turned the corner, I stopped when I saw Sanghee. She was walking towards me and she had an intense glare on her face. I rolled my eyes at that and walked past her, but she still managed to whisper something to me.