Chapter Seventeen: Fire Of Heartbreak

It had been a full week of avoiding Y/N. Earlier in the week, she had tried to talk to me and she even asked me if she did something to upset me. I had to lie to her and tell her that she didn't before brushing her off. She looked so hurt every time I did that. I felt so bad each time that I did that. I began to wonder if I was doing this less to spare her feelings and more to spare my own.

I sighed as I sat through the last 20 minutes of my second class. I stared up at the clock as the students were finishing up the unit test. Yes, throughout this whole week even though I was stressing and feeling guilty about how I was treating Y/N, I managed to come up with a unit test. I had already corrected her unit test and it was a surprise to me that even though I was treating her so badly that she still managed to get perfect on the test. She was the only one who did well on the unit test. Everyone else had just barely passed.

I watched the time tick down while I tapped my foot on the ground impatiently. I glanced to the students. Some of them had their pencils moving while others had their pencils twirling around in their hands. I rolled my eyes knowing that there were probably going to many who wouldn't finish before the bell rings.

When the bell finally rang, I stood up. I heard the students groan.

"Alright everyone, bring your tests up here," I instructed with an exasperated sigh as I patted my desk. The students did as I asked and placed their tests on my desk before leaving the classroom. As they left, I could hear them all whispering how hard the test was and saying that they would fail for sure. I don't think I made it that hard. I looked through the tests to see that many of them hadn't even made it halfway. "Sigh, these students..."

I shook my head disappointed as I packed up my things, putting the tests into my bag before leaving the classroom. I locked up the classroom and walked down the hallway towards the teacher's office. As I did, I heard a familiar voice. It was Y/N's voice. I turned the corner to see her. She was pinned up against the wall by a male student. He had one hand leaning against the wall beside her face and the other on her waist, holding her in place. My hands clenched into fists.

"So, what will your answer be? I'm not letting you go until you at least give me an answer," the male student said in a seductive tone as he inched his face closer to Y/N's. Her eyes widened at this and she placed her hands against his chest, pushing him away a little bit. Even though I knew that I had no right to, I felt my blood begin to boil at the fact that another man was trying to flirt with her.

"I already gave you my answer," she responded her expression flustered and shy. This only made me more furious as I could tell that the male student was clearly trying to take advantage of her. I watched as the male student leaned closer until his face was right in front of hers. My eyes went wide when I noticed that his lips were inches apart from touching her lips and I found myself unable to control my jealousy.

"What is going on here?!" I asked loudly and angrily as I stormed up to them and glared at the male student. The male student backed away when he noticed me there and saw me glaring at him.

"Nothing, I'll see you later Y/N," he mumbled as he glanced from Y/N to me with a fearful expression before walking off quickly. Once he was gone, I looked at her.

"Are you ok? Did he hurt you?" I examined every part of her body for bruises or scratches before looking at her face. She only stared at me with a confused, but also annoyed expression. "What is it?"

"I just don't get you Mr Jeon," she voiced with a sigh as she shook her head. I raised an eyebrow in confusion. "One moment you're so nice, the next you're angry, and now you're just... what did I do? What did I do that upset you so much to the point that you've decided to avoid me?" I grew silent at her question and look down at the ground while shoving my hands into my pockets. She sighed in response to my silence. "To answer your question, yes, I'm fine physically and he didn't hurt me. He was just teasing."