Chapter Sixteen: Avoidance Is Key

After realizing that I had feelings for Y/N, I didn't know how to act around her in music class yesterday. I could hardly concentrate through that class and I kept glancing at her. Then after music class, I did whatever I could to avoid Jimin, but he managed to talk to me a bit.

~ Flashback ~

I entered the teacher's office after my music class and set my things down. I looked around, but only saw Jimin sitting on the couch. I raised my eyebrow in confusion and walked towards him before sitting on the couch with him.

"Where's the others?" I asked curiously as I let out a yawn. I was tired from running around all afternoon with Y/N, but I had the time of my life.

"Yoongi took off already. Namjoon is at the bathroom. Seokjin, Taehyung, and Hoseok are still in class I guess," Jimin responded with a shrug as I put his phone down and looked at me. He stared at me, a small grin slowly appearing across his face. Sigh, what was he going to start asking me about now?

"How come whenever I'm with you you're always grinning at me as if you know something that I don't?" I asked as I looked at him with an annoyed, but curious look. He only chuckled at me.

"Let's just say that you're lucky that I was the only one to see you and Y/N in that interesting position earlier today outside," he mentioned as he took a sip from his water bottle. My eyes widened at that and I felt my heart beat quickened.

"Y-You saw that..?" I asked, my voice shaky and quivery. He nodded in response. Damn, I was hoping that nobody had seen that. It was embarrassing enough as it is that it happened at all, but knowing that someone saw us is doubly embarrassing. If what Jimin said is true, that he was the only one who saw then thank god.

"Don't worry. I haven't told anyone and I won't unless you tell me to, but I am curious to know as to how you two ended up in that position when you've been so clearly denying that you have feelings for her," he continued as he nudged me. I didn't say anything. I stood up and grabbed my things.

"I'm going to head home now," I announced, trying to avoid answering him. I heard him stifle a laugh of amusement.

"Alright, but before you go let me tell you something," he insisted in a serious tone. I stood by the door, worried about what he was going to hit me with next. "Whether you like Y/N or not, be careful. Being in love with a student when you're a teacher is a risky move. However, if you're serious about not having feelings for her then I suggest you make it known to her, so that way she doesn't fall for you. Either way, I'll support you Jungkook. Just make sure whatever decision you make, you're sure about it."

"Yeah, got it. See you tomorrow," I muttered as I left the teacher's office and to my car before driving off home. All the way home, I couldn't stop thinking about what Jimin said.

~ End Of Flashback ~

"Jungkook? Yo, snap out of it dude!" A familiar voice remarked as a hand waved in front of my face, bringing me back from my thoughts. I glanced to the side to see Hoseok standing there with a raised eyebrow at me.

"Sorry?" I asked in confusion as I shook my head and blinked while looking up at him from the couch.

"You've been dazing off for a good 15 minutes, what are you thinking about?" He asked curiously with a small chuckle. I opened my mouth ready to tell him what was on my mind, but then I closed my mouth thinking that maybe it wasn't such a good idea to tell him or the others yet.

"Just random stuff hyung," I replied with a shrug and a small sigh as I stand up from the couch.

"You sure?" He asked with a look of uncertainty. I nodded in response. "Alright, well if you ever need to talk then we're always here to listen." I gave him a grateful smile as I walked towards the door of the teacher's office. Great, Y/N was in my first class. I could barely manage music class. How would possibly be able to focus in this class? I couldn't keep denying my feelings anymore, but I also couldn't voice them. Both Y/N and I would end up in trouble if I did. Plus, I didn't even know if she felt the same way I did.