Chapter 11: WARM BREATHS AND SWEET LIPS

Author's POV

As Win promised,  it was going to be a long, long night.
And hopefully , a good one too.

When they came out of the movie hall, it was almost eight already.
The two boys walked side by side, swaying lazily.

"Are you drunk on coke?"

"Hia win! I'm just tired and hungry.  Stop teasing me"

"Haha sorry. You're just swaying as if you're high.  If you're too tired, I could carry you"

"Shia!" Team blurts out and punches the older boy's arm as he tries to snake his arm around his shoulder.

"You're hungry right? Come I think I know a nice place to eat. But before that,  I think I have something to tell you. "

Seeing Win fidget and fumble with his words, Team grew impatient like the little child he was and kept on nagging him and urging him to say whatevr he wanted to, because he was too hungry to wait for even a few more minutes.

"Ah Team...I've wanted to s-say this for a long time but I just didn't think you were ready for it"

Team just stood there staring at the older confident guy as he somehow managed to shove down all his courage down the drain, with an expectant face, as if almost hungry to hear the words but not enough, so as to let his expectations down again.

For the millionth time, Team was tired.
Of his past.
Of being who they said he was.
And he wasn't ready for being treated like a pushover once again.

"Well I just wanted to say that the swimming team was hosting the inter uni fest and we think you should be one of the top three from our university.  That's it. "

Win smiled a tiny uncomfortable smile and Team did the same and nodded and thanked his Phi for the honour.
But...
He still wished he'd said something else.
**************************************

When they reached the restaurant,  Team was awed at the sight.
It was the most beautiful place he'd ever been to.
It was a rooftop restaurant, charmed with the warm summer air and the smell of freshly baked brownies hovering around them.
The terrace was beautifully decorated with tiny fairy lights and lanterns and . Tiny plants embraced the the terrace walls and climbers and red flowers made the best aesthetic background ever.
There were wooden tables with two chairs each. The place wasn't much crowded except a few couples who were lost in their own world.

"Woah-"Team gasped .

"Like it?"

"You kidding me? It's gonna be super costly.  We could've just eaten pizza or something."

"Hey  hey hey! Come on! I know it's suppsed to be your treat but can we do it some other time , please? I've been trying to get here for a long time and it's finally empty and plus I'm super hungry."

Team kept fussing for a while but realised how stubborn Win was and no matter how much he plead, he wouldn't listen to him do they followed to their assigned table  while Win went to order the food.

When Win came back, Team was sitting back in the big wooden chair.  His puppy eyes staring back at his hia who ruffle his hair and took his seat across from him.

"What did you order?"

"You'll see"

When the food came, Team was both surprised and happy to see his favourite delicacies on the table.
Shrimp and chicken satays,  flaming pad thai , and Team's favourite strawberry gelato.