chapter 9:TEASE

I try wake up to the sound of my morning alarm but something around my waist pulls me back. When I open my eyes, I almost shriek out at the sight of P'Win , on my bed, beside me!

I try to slowly free myself from the grip as last night's memories come flooding back to my mind. The sudden movement wakes him up and sit straight up and tries to back out, trying to register where he was and as he tries to get out of the covers, he falls with a thud on the floor, blankets wrapped around him.

I shoot out laughing at this sudden change in events as he just sits there grabbing the bed sheets and trying to get up, in an attempt of which, he falls on the floor again.
This time we both start laughing uncontrollably at the hilarious sight and then I help him get up with a smile on my face.

After five minutes of laughter, we both sit back uncomfortably and finally I break the silence.

"I'm sorry for yesterday"

"Hey you really don't have to"he says, putting his arm around my shoulder.
"But do you feel better?"

"I do. I'm fine but please I don't want to speak about it"

"I won't make you. I didn't wanna push you. I'm sorry. Let's just forget it and go and have breakfast, shall we?"he asks, breaking into a big smile.

I nod and go to brush my teeth and put my uniform while he goes to his own room to get changed up and we decide to meet downstairs in 15 minutes.
************

Phi said he'd be driving and I didn't protest. I honestly feel awful about the fit I threw yesterday and so badly want to make it up to him.
I'm just so embarrassed but i could've done nothing else. I was at my most vulnerable for whatever happened yesterday before meeting Win that I just lost control over my nerves.
Ugh.

I realise I must've zoned out because P'Win is nudging me.
"You okay?"
"Ah yes"
"We've reached. Come out fast. You don't wanna be late for class"

We quickly get out of the parking lot and head over to the cafe.
He orders chicken sandwich, some salad with weird cabbages and green stuff and a drink of lemon and ginger zest while I go for a chocolate milkshake and a black forest pastry.

"Is that all what you're gonna eat?"he eyerolls at me.

"Yeah? Why what's wrong with that?"

"What's right about it anayway? It's 8 in the morning and you got the whole day before you. And then I'm not gonna let you miss swimming practice today! You've been escaping for a full week!"

"But-"

"No buts."

"Stop treating me like a kid!"

"Well then stop behaving like one!"

"Well then-"
He cuts me off mid sentence and then calls back the waiter and asks her to change my menu to what he's eating.

I sit and just eyeroll at him with all the strength my eyelids can conjure up.

When the food arrives, Win just jumps into it while I'm just sitting there picking on those boiled leaves.
Yuck.
He shoots me a stare so i just keep quiet and try to gulp it down.
The chicken sandwich is tasty though, with cheese and silky mayo stuffing

Cheese.
My only escape from this tyranny.
Why? Just why?

He's almost done in like 10 minutes and I try to stuff more food into my mouth to keep up with his pace.

"Team?"
I look up and try to speak with a mouthful of cabbage and bread and what not.
Ugh.
"Yeah what?"

"Slow down. I don't want you to choke on cabbage and die in front of me"

"You eat really fast Phi"
gulp.

"Yeah I was kind of really hungry"

I look up sadly at him.

" It's because of me, isn't it? I kept you up all night? And didn't even let you have your dinner in peace ?"

"Not at all. I like being with you"

"Uh?"

"I mean I like helping people . Juniors. That's what I meant"

I feel like I'm blushing. I really wish he would like being with me but that's only possible in my dreams.
He would never want someone like me.
No one would.
So fragile.
So vulnerable.
And the temper.
I know I can be too much at times.
I try.
But I just can't help it.

"Mmm..but still. Let me make it up to you? How about I pay for the full breakfast and then maybe I could help you with the work at the club so that you can go home early?"

Before I can say anything, he gets up and goes and pays both our money for the food and walks out of the door before I can say anything , speaking "finish your food and come fast. I'm waiting in the parking lot"

"Shiaaa!!!!"

I quickly stuff my mouth as fast as I can. I don't like this salad but I don't wanna waste his money so I struggle and eat it anyway. Then I just pick my bag up and leave, running, to his car.

******************

He sits in silence as I drive into our faculty parking. It's still early so there aren't a lot of people there.
Team tries to unbuckle his seat belt when I realise, for the millionth time it's jammed again and he's just trying to push and pull and just doing god knows what with that belt.
At times, he's like such a little puppy.
So lost.

I watch and just chuckle seeing him struggle with that until I just have to move my hands across his waist and yank open the notches to unbuckle his belt .
He's just sitting like a frozen fish .
My god.
Hahahaha

When he looks at me, and smiles, my heart melts into a puddle and then he just gets down and looks through the window, and says"thanks"

I guess that's all the romance i can expect in my life

"Nong!" I call out as he heads away,
"Yes?"
"Mmm you wanted to make it up to me, didn't you?"
His eyes glimmer at mention of it

"Thennnn, how about we meet up for movies one day? My treat"

"Why your treat? Should me my treat! Anyway cool! You text me and let me know, okay? "

"Oh but I don't have your phone number"

"Aah yes"he says , scratching his neck and putting forth his hand through the car window.

I hand him his phone and he quickly types he number and hands it back to me but before that, Pharm arrives with Dean and stands behind him, Dean putting an arm around his shoulder and raising an eyebrow at me.

"Did you drive him Phi?"pharm asks me.
I smile and nod.

"Where were you all week?"
Dean asks my baby Team.
Did i just say taht?!

He smiles nervously and just shrugs.

"Why weren't you taking my calls last night!?"Pharm punches his arm and Dean looks at me and asks "and what about you? We went out to drink and went to your dorm to call you but you weren't there"

"I had some work"
Both of them give me a weird glare and Team just shuffles nervously.

Then pulling Pharm by his bag, they quickly head off to class and Dean joins me in the parking lot and he keeps wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"Someone had fun last night? "

"Mm seems sooooo, so cheesy with Pharm early in the morning"

"I was talking about you huh"

"Oh I didn't know that"

We laugh and head off too.

⚀⚀⚀⚀⚀⚀⚀⚀⚀⚀⚀⚀⚀⚀⚀⚀

HEYAAAA THIS WAS A LONG CHAPTER AND HOPE YOU LIKED IT. WASN'T MUCH BUT WAS IMPORTANT FOR THE STORY LINE!!!

ANWYAY!
VOTE IF YOU LIKE IT AND COMMENT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK IS GONNA HAPPEN NEXT.!!!!
HEHEHE
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡