chapter 19:I love You

The boys checked the streets and every corner , calling out his name, making sure he wasn't hiding in any book or corner.

Frustrated, he brushed his fingers through his now wet hair,
"We were this close to finding him. Where did he go again"Win was almost panicking now.

"Try calling up his phone"Dean suggested.

"But it's been showing switched off except that one time"

"There's no harm in trying another time"

"Alright. But you think we should check the place again? Where we located his phone last time. The godown?"

"But they said he fled"

"Yeha but I have this strong hunch"

We quickly go down back into this basement which is all pitch darkness except a light bulb hanging above a wooden table.  There are bottles of cheap liquor lying on the floor and big boxes stacked up behind them.

"Team!?"we call out in unison.
I fish out my phone from my pocket and start dialing his number.

I can hear a slight buzz...reverberating somewhere.
Almost inaudible had it not been for the pin drop silence.

"Team? It's us. Come out. Don't be scared"

We walk cautiously through the darkness  and as we reach this area where the boxes are stacked up, a slight rustle is observed.  We walk over, and as we walk in closer,  I can hear the steady breath, increasing with anticipation until-

"TEAM!"I cry out on seeing him in this pathetic condition.

"Hia..."he sobs slightly and moans into my shirt as I go and hug him tightly. He's feverish and shivering. I can feel the heat radiating from his body , his wet hair sticking to his forehead as the water keeps drizzling down his countenance,  washing down the dirt and grime like a river of trickling water. He's burning and panting heavily, with heavy, lidded eyes, swollen lips . He's in the same school shirt as he was two days ago, although the first three buttons are now ripped off and his tie is missing. My eyes linger down and I gasp at his hands, bruised all red and blue amd so are his ankles. I try to jold his wrists up but he winces back in pain and discomfort amd almost cries out and I realise he probably got a fracture.

"Win come on now, we need to take him to the hospital.  We can dela with explanations later"Dean says urgently,  breaking me from  my daze.

I pick him up in my arms. His limp body falls unconsciously against mine as he passes out from the exhaustion of the days, well the mental exhaustion of years to be exact. I cannot tolerate looking at him in this state. His limp body is latched to mine as I carry him to Dean's car and get in the back seat amd lay him down there,  head on my lap.
"You'll be fine baby, I'm here"i whisper jnto his ears although I know he's too delirious to hear or process anything at all.
******************

4 hours later

TEAM'S POV

I rub my eyes and wake up in a well lit room. My hands hurt and things rush back to my mind as I see the bandages and plasters wrapped around my limbs.

I slowly try to get up, looking for water when I notice a figure crouching against my bedside, sleeping peacefully,  and his fingers are tightly wrapped around one of fingers.

"Hia"i speak slowky, still feeling sore and weak.

He rubs his eyes and wakes up.
"You're awake. Are you feeling fine? I'll call the doctor wait"

Before I can even reply, he leaves the room and enters moments later followed my a young doctor. He walks up to me and asks me how I'm feeling. Then he does some regular check up stuff and I hear him telling Win that I'm still running a temperature but I'll be fine with some rest. He instructs a nurse to put on some saline drip and I'm beyond tired to protest against needles to I just turn my head away.

I'm comforted when phi Win comes and sits beside my head side and holds my fingers lightly as the nurse makes the channel on my right arm since my wrists are too jagged to get more needles in. I soothe and relax a little when he caressed my forehead and hair, and leans in to press a small kiss against my nose amd forehead.

"I don't know what I'd do without you"
I can feel him tear up and I feel like crying too but I'm too weak to speak so I just lay my palm against his cheek.

He smiles a little and follows
"Please don't leave me again. I'll be with you, by your side, always. Just one word, and I'll stand guard. Please. ."

I feel sad that I've put him through this much pain. I promise myslef I'll never do this again. I motion him with my fingers to come closer and when he does, I press my lips against his cheek.
"I love you"i manage in a faint whisper and his eyes gleam up.

//Guysssss I really hope you liked this chapter.  I personally am a big time sicker for kisses on foreheads and cheeks. It seems more grand of a gesture of affection.

COMMENT AND DON'T FORGET TO VOTEEEEE!!!

Well if you liked it ofcourse:))

BYEEEE