Threatening? -Kitsune!Iwaizumi Hajime X OC(2)

(Yoshino; age nineteen)

   "Yoshi!" Maeko, Yoshino's mother, calls. Yoshino walks to the foyer. Her mother and father are standing there, with a man she doesn't know.

   "Yes, Mother?" Yoshino asks.

   "Your father and I wish to tell you something," Maeko says.

   Yoshino nods.

   "I have finally found a suitable man for you to marry," Itsuki, Yoshino's father, says. Yoshino's eyes widen. If she was being honest, she had taken a liking to Iwaizumi. She always tries to talk to the Kitsune whenever she can. Sometimes, he even manages to sneak into her house to talk for a short while.

   "This is the man you will wed," her mother says. "His name—"

   "I'm Sugiyama Keisuke," the man says. He has neatly done light brown hair and black eyes. Yoshino looks at the man.

   "I apologise, Sugiyama~san," Yoshino says. "But...I'm afraid I'm not interested in marriage."

   "You don't have a choice, Yoshi," Itsuki says. "Your mother and I will arrange the marriage."

   "What?" Yoshino asks. "I have no say in this?"

   "Don't worry, Yoshino~chan," Sugiyama says. "I'm sure you'll be happy with me."

   Yoshino turns away. "I refuse to be wed to a man I don't know."

   "You have no choice," Maeko says. Yoshino growls and walks to her room.

   "Goddammit!" Yoshino yells.

   "Something wrong?" Yoshino hears. She looks up and smiles. Iwaizumi sits in her window, with a small smile on his face.

   Yoshino runs her hand through her hair. "My parents have set me up an arranged marriage."

   "What?" Iwaizumi asks. Yoshino swears there is a hint of jealousy in his voice, but she isn't going to bring it up.

   Yoshino sighs and drops on to the bed, which she has next to the window. "I know."

   A sudden knock on the door startles both of them. Iwaizumi hops up to the roof out of sight. Yoshino looks out the window for a second with a look of longing. She turns and open the door to find Sugiyama.

   "Yoshino~chan?" He asks.

   "What do you want?" She asks.

   "Is there something wrong?" Sugiyama questions.

   "I wish to be alone," she says.

   "Then who was in here?"

   Yoshino's eyes widen. "What do you mean?"

   "I heard another voice from in here," he says.

   "Then you should get your ears checked," Yoshino yells him. "I can assure you I am alone."

   Sugiyama looks hesitant. "I'm sure there was a man in here, and I must protect my future bride from any random men." He starts to walk into the room, but Yoshino moves in front of him, cutting him off.

   Yoshino growls a bit. "Look, I'm going to say this one more time, though I'm not going to be kind about it. Go back to where ever the hell you came from, because I am not marrying you."

   Sugiyama smirks. "That's not for you to decide, now is it?"

   Yoshino crosses her arms. "I knew you were in it for something."