Chp. 1- Living Without Her

As other views my life as 'perfect', I was simply happy with what I had. My mother and I lived in a top knotch neighborhood. I had the most supportive bestfriends you could ask for. I had the most charming boyfriend you could ever dream of. To me, my life was perfect the way it was.

But everything seemed to whisk away before my very eyes as I woke up to a phone call ring that very Thursday night.

..

It's been four months since my mother passed away. I had no other relatives to live with and I was currently switching between foster homes. It wasn't bad. It just wasn't good either. Until, my foster mother here told me I was leaving. At first, I couldn't comprehend what she had just told me. I didn't even believe her.

Leaving? Where was I leaving to?

"Your father will be here at five to pick you up. I suggest you start packing up your things missy." She said.

My father?

"Your dad and I went our separate ways before you could even walk." I remember my mom saying. "He realized he wasn't cut out to be a father and I let him go. It wasn't the easiest thing raising you on my own. But I managed, and look how you came out. Just fine."

I could still remember her voice.. it was killing me. So many sleepless nights just thinking about her. As much as it hurt, I knew she wouldn't want me to sulk around. And as much as I hated it, I knew she was right.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. My two bestfriends had entered, sympathetic smiles on their faces. I ran to my two friends with pleading eyes. I called them both ahead of time telling them the news. I didn't want to leave them. Or the life I had built here. But I had no choice.

"Your foster mom told us your dad was going to pick you up." One of my bestfriends, Maya, had said.

I rolled my eyes as I walked to my closet and grabbed a luggage case. I had to start packing sooner or later.

"Yeah, I didn't even know you had a father? That he was even around?" Cameron added. He was also a very good friend of mine.

"I didn't either. I thought he was long gone.. or dead." I chuckled, "My mom hardly talked about him. It was like as if he never existed. She never told me he was going to come for me if anything like this happened." I looked down as I sat on the bed and piled clothes in the case.

After I was finished, it was already four thirty by the time I was done. I had still had some time to spend with my friends while they were still here. I had to savour these moments while they occured.

"Have you told Matthew?" She asked.

"I broke up with him a while before I knew I was moving into a foster home," I explained, "I didn't want to hold him back from his plans for the future. I was only going to be in the way. He understood completely. He said he would 'find strength to move on'." But we both know that was complete bullshit. In all honesty, I haven't felt any passion between us for the past four months. We were drifting away and we both knew it. We were just too scared to say anything.

"Ava, your dad is here!" My foster mom called from outside my door.

Oh fucking hell. I was moving in with a complete stranger. Did anyone else see anything wrong with this? Sure he's my father, but not my dad.

Maya and Cameron walked me out with my luggage as I grabbed my backpack off the bed. This was it. Time to meet the dad that walked out on me.

We walked out the front door as I saw a tall man with brown crazed hair and hazel eyes look up at me. He half smiled as he shoved his hands in his pockets. He looked like he hadn't shaved or showered in a week.

"Well we better get to the airport before we miss our flight." He said as he took my bags and put them into the back of a cab. I stayed silent as I climbed into the backseat. I looked back and gazed out the window to see my two bestfriends waving at me from a distance. I waved back until I could no longer see them or the foster home.

This is the beginning of my 'new life'. This was me living without her.

..

Hey guys! So this is actually my first time writing a story here on Wattpad! Super excited for you guys to read it. I hope all of you enjoy it!

Btw, these first couple of chapters will contain basic information on how Ava's depression started. So read on and hope you guys can relate to some situations in this story.